Author Topic: Why is the day not working anymore?!  (Read 1049 times)

Offline Hollie-Mae

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 03, 2014, 18:56:09 pm »
My dd is almost 9 months and we're struggling after increased a time to 3.5 hours to fit it all in! I've gone back to work today too so writing it down and hoping family/childminder can stick to it as much as possible is proving difficult, I collected her today and she was ready for bed at 5pm! She's not a great sleeper ttn either due to severe silent reflux. This is a rough day-

Wu 7- milk and porridge

S- 10.30-12

E- 12.15 solids

(This is where it's tricky as I need to fit in milk and solids before next nap, too close to lunch, too tired as needs a nap, but too late to have it after nap as then she won't have bt milk)

Milk- 2.30

Solids- 3

S-3.30-5 (wouldn't go down for this nap today)

Milk and bed 7pm

Offline TB9

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 60
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 16:44:21 pm »
Seems like maybe she is headed into the 2-1 transition and you need to start cutting one of her naps shorter.  Here is a link with some helpful information From 2 to 1 nap transition (10-12m and older)

Is her reflux under control right now?

Offline twogirlsmommy

• Showing Appreciation 30
  • aka Brennasmommy
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 16:53:34 pm »
Could you do milk before nap, move  nap up and then do solids after nap and then milk and bed?  So do solids at 5 and then a bottle at 7 for bed?

Offline Hollie-Mae

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 21:41:58 pm »
Thank you twogirlsmommy I guess I could try that. Should I still be giving 3 bottles at the moment? As my other thought was perhaps I drop the middle bottle then it won't be such a squeeze to for both milk and solids before second nap? As she may not take much of the last bottle with solids at 5. I also had to make dinner earlier as a late dinner tends to mean lots of fussing and fighting me for it. Argh the joys!

Tinkerbell99 her reflux is ok but not 100% under control, to be honest we have not yet reached a point where she seems fully comfortable, but then teething can make it flare and she could well be getting a top tooth. Today was better with napping, childminder got that under control, but she didn't eat her dinner which again makes me wonder about the middle bottle? I thought too about transition but it seems so early, and without a second nap she is exhausted by 5! :(

Offline TB9

• Showing Appreciation 60
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 12:17:02 pm »
Is she on medication for her reflux?

She wouldnt be dropping a nap yet, you would just start cutting one of the naps shorter to make sure she isnt refusing naps :)

Offline weaver

• Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 08:17:33 am »
Yes the 2-1 transition can be a slow process.  It doesn't mean you switch to one nap all of a sudden.  In fact, you cap one nap to *make sure* that she still takes two while she needs them both.  It's about you helping her space her sleep during the day so she gets what she needs.
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.