Author Topic: Nap Dilemma  (Read 914 times)

Offline Naube

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 10, 2014, 22:46:21 pm »
I'm in a dilemma.  My nine month old daughter has decided that she wants activity time to be 4 hours.  Even if I try to put her to sleep earlier she will cry(not by herself)  or play in her crib until she's been awake for 4 hours.  Some days she goes back to the 3 hour schedule, but it's becoming less. I feel
Like its way too soon for her to drop a nap and it's really exhausting having her up to 9/10 at night.  Before she was asleep between 7:00-8:00.

So, do I just shorten her morning nap? She gets up at 6am and goes for nap 1 around 10:00 and if left alone sleep for 2+ hours.  So we have been waking her up at 11:30 and nap 2 occurs around 3:30.  Which she can sleep for another hour plus.   So can I shorten her first nap to 30 minutes or 45 minutes? I'm hopes that she will have a longer afternoon nap at an earlier time?  I really don't want her sleeping past 4 because I don't want her up all night.

Offline TB9

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 60
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 11:55:23 am »
Yes, you can shorten one of her naps :)  Here is some information on the 2-1 transition.  It really is up to you which nap you shorten, so just go with whatever works best for you and your LO. From 2 to 1 nap transition (10-12m and older)