Author Topic: Anyone Want to Talk about the 2-1 Transition? Thread #10  (Read 66372 times)

Offline gavinsmum1

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
Re: Anyone Want to Talk about the 2-1 Transition? Thread #10
« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2009, 02:25:47 am »
Flightmommy, those 1 hr15 min naps are VERY common pm naps for us.  I couldn't tell you if they were UT or not, but they do the trick and he's not overtired when bedtime rolls around, so I just go with that.

Offline *Jo*

• Showing Appreciation 148
  • 3 wee monkeys and a Mamma
« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2009, 05:09:56 am »
ok so we are back on track, 11 hour nights again, 1.5 hour AM nap and 45min PM nap seems to be the best suited for my little man, we do 4 hour A time all day except the last one of the day is 3 hours after a 45min nap :)

Offline Flightmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2009, 13:56:32 pm »
Hmmm, looks like our Calebs are in sync again....yesterday we did 4 hours A time all day, had a 1.5 hour am nap, then a 50 minute pm nap and then 3 hours to bedtime and a night of 10h50...although i prefer sometime closer to 11h30 for his nights, as he wakes in a much better mood, even though it's only a 30 -40 minute difference. Anyways, not sure what's going on with DS, but he's beyond fussy this morning...very very crabby...our nights this week have gotten progressively shorter every night and so i'm wondering if he's just getting OT.
  Calebsmummy, i love that pic of your Caleb at the piano...he probably loves to bang on it just like my Caleb does....now, don't tell me you play as well???lol!!!
  Happy New Year everyone!

Offline gavinsmum1

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2009, 15:51:19 pm »
The other day my hubby put J to bed and he napped for an hour and a half in the pm! Then he did a nice 4 hr 10 min A time to bed, slept 11.5 hours at night and woke at 6:45!!
Unfortunately he was sooooo crabby during his first A time (and we were on to visit my grandparents 30 minutes away) that he just conked out in the car only 3 hours and 15 minutes after waking.  So this morning we had an EW after a 10.5 hour night and he only really dozed before waking at 6:10.  Extended that first A time this morning again, so we'll see what that brings this afternoon!

Have a Happy New Year!!!

Offline *Jo*

« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2009, 22:28:06 pm »
ugh, well another 9.75 hour night, Im not sure why this time, we did have heaps of guests over so perhaps the multitude of kids running around OS him before bed, but he slept all the way through so im not sure if its that, and theres no way he will give me more htan 4 hours A time, thats his limit at the moment. so i dont know what else to try, unless i cut his second nap to 30mins instead of 50?

Flightmommy - Caleb LOVED the piano, he banged away, but very gently still and no i dont play, but i do sing and play a little guitar and my hubby plays bass so we are a musical family :)

Offline Nauvoo

• Showing Appreciation 43
    • Concrete Picture Frames
« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2010, 00:21:27 am »
My LO took 2 1 hour 10 minute naps today after waking at 6am.  She was in bed at 7pm but didn't fall asleep until closer to 7:30pm.  I keep wondering if we are in a habit of these nap lengths.  They seem to be extremely consistent.  When we switch to one nap I keep thinking it'll only be 1 hour and 10 minutes! :-\

Calebsmummy, it is funny how reading your post makes me think that you all down under are in the new year and we in North America are still hours away :)
DD1 (1/09)
DD2 (10/11)
DD3 (3/15)

[url=http://concretepicture.wordpress.com]Concrete Picture
Frames[

Offline *Jo*

« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2010, 00:31:32 am »
ah indeed Nauvoo, its lunchtime here in January 2010!!! :D

Offline gavinsmum1

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2010, 01:08:17 am »
We're still 5 hours away from the new year here!
Well, I'm hoping this is the last stinky naps day of 2009 and that 2010 will bring loads of days without OT!!
This morning was so rough! He was awake at who knows when? I heard him pipe up at 3 and then 5:45 am this morning and then he didn't really settle into another deep sleep cycle, but dozed in and out of sleep until 6:10.  I'm not sure if it's teething or OT again.  We just kicked it the other day and here we are again.  He napped for a lovely 15 min this morning~ taking AGES to settle and then waking up so short of a good short nap.  Then I slashed his A time to 2 hrs 45 min and he had a jolt filled nap this afternoon of~you guessed it~ 1hr 15 min.  I think he also went down too late, meaning we'll be in EW territory tomorrow.  WHEN will we get this right???????

Offline Flightmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #83 on: January 01, 2010, 02:34:45 am »
Gavinsmum1, sounds like an OT day...what was your first A time before the short 15 min nap?? I noticed your ticker says it's his first bday next week...how exciting!! Are you planning on doing anything special? I'm doing a party for Caleb's first and was getting some invitations done today and realized that I have no clue what time to have it...how do you plan a party for a kid that never naps at the same time or for the same amount of time?? And, it's only in a month from now, so who knows what our sked will be like then???
  Well ladies, I think 2010 will be our year...this is the year our LO's will be moving to one nap and no more obsessing about A times!! well, not as much anyways...lol!! Hope everyone has a good holiday!

Offline Nauvoo

« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2010, 02:48:59 am »
Yeah, too funny trying to figure out what time to have a party when you don't know what time your LO will be awake.  I bet anything that no matter what time you plan the party you Lo will have an off nap day and undoubtedly be cranky.  Now that I've said that I hope I jinxed you the other way in that you'll have the best nap day and your party goes wonderfully.  No really, sometimes no matter how hard I plan that's the day that things go hairy!!! 

Sending lots of good nap vibes for 2010!
DD1 (1/09)
DD2 (10/11)
DD3 (3/15)

Frames[

Offline *Jo*

« Reply #85 on: January 01, 2010, 03:03:58 am »
well one thing i know for sure that no matter what time Caleb gets up etc he is always awake between 1-3.30pm so thats what time ive decided to make Caleb's birthday for (its in three weeks so routine shouldnt change too much by then)

Offline Nauvoo

« Reply #86 on: January 01, 2010, 16:20:47 pm »
Well I'm having issues with using set A times because I haven't a clue what time my LO is waking in the morning!  I have a monitor and everything.  Over the last two weeks she's been waking without a sound and I go into get her and she's sitting up doing who knows what, or already standing there so patiently. :)  It's cute!  I sure would take it over crying when she wakes. 
It's just a little hard to use set A times in the morning when I don't know when she woke up.  This morning I was awake for about 30 minutes and decided I'd better go wake her up at 7:30am seeing how she'd been asleep for 12 hours and I went to get her and she was standing there.  It totally shocked me!  I really wonder what time she woke up?  Sometimes when she wakes at 6am we will leave her in her crib for about 45 minutes to an hour until we get her.  I don't know what she does and she's usually pretty quiet about it.  So I've been using tired signs and its a hit a miss :-\
DD1 (1/09)
DD2 (10/11)
DD3 (3/15)

Frames[

Offline gavinsmum1

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #87 on: January 01, 2010, 20:22:56 pm »
Flightmommy, it was definitely an OT day.  The good news is that he napped alright in the pm and then went down at his usual bedtime.  He even spoiled us a little and woke an extra half hour later :).
So yes, my baby will be 1 in a week!!! Yesterday I started sniffling and sobbing over some little thing he had done (I cannot for the life of me remember what it was) and how it made me think that this is likely my last child and my last baby.  I'm such a big sap.
In regards to his birthday, we're planning the party in the late afternoon.  Both my kids will be up from naps and will probably do best with this time (Jesse's least fussy time of day and Gavin's usually okay too after nap).  We're having everyone over for homemade pizza and birthday cake! Then we're on to celebrate my husband's birthday a week later; and then last, but not least, our 5th wedding anniversary! The celebration train goes through our house from Christmas to late January in our house! It's exhausting!!
Oh, and if there's anything I learned from Gavin's 1st is~ keep it simple!! We had friends with kids and family over and it was too much for him.  This time, we're just doing grandparents, uncle and aunty, and MY grandparents who absolutely adore the kids.  That should keep things a little more low-key than we did with G.

Offline Flightmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2010, 00:47:43 am »
Nauvoo06, that has been our problem with Caleb for ages...although many would say that a baby who wakes and doesn't cry isn't a problem...when you're going on Atimes for naps, yes, it is a big problem. Because of that, i have been setting my alarm to wake up (hopefully) before DS and I watch the video monitor to know when he exactly opens his eyes. I really don't like losing out on the extra sleep, cause sometimes he'll surprise me and really sleep in and i've been up for ages just watching the silly monitor, but in terms of A times and naps, it really pays off for me.
  This morning was a good example of that....as he went down rather late last night , 8:20pm, i figured he wouldn't wake until at least 7am, so that's when my alarm went off and wouldn't you know it...he was laying there with eyes wide open, so I had no clue when he really woke and DS is one that can stay in there, quietly, for up to an hour!! Anyways, i had to go by his sleep cues for his first nap, since I didn't know exact A time and of course, i kept him up too late and we got a grumpy 40 minute OT nap!! In fact, i think we've been getting some OT buildup this week...he's been taking FOREVER to fall asleep at bedtime...not crying at all though, just laying there, doing his infamous 7 mile stare, for up to 30 minutes....does anyone have any thoughts on this...i'm guessing OT? But today, his last A time was 3 hours, after a lousy 1 hour pm nap and i thought that was a nice, safe A time before bed, but he's still not sleeping and he's been in his crib for 30 minutes now!!! On the flip side, i don't think UT either as he was tired and rubbing his eyes and yawning during bath time!!!
 Gavinsmum1, you've got quite an exciting line up of celebrations coming your way...sounds like fun! I've decided to go with a 1:30-3:30 party, since the party place we're using only had that slot available and a morning one, which wasn't an option as DS tends to nap in the am...for now at least! lol!!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 02:11:15 am by Flightmommy »

Offline *Jo*

« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2010, 00:52:37 am »
well i did nothing diferent with naps yesterda and got an 11 hour night back so i am lost, have no idea but i guess i just have to keep chugging along!

Flightmommy, that sounds to me like the first nap was UT, I only say that because I have put Caleb down OT before and he just struggles, there is no way he would just lay there unless he was UT but perhaps by the end of the day he was OT?