Author Topic: How to handle time change to standard savings time  (Read 1273 times)

Offline KozulS

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
How to handle time change to standard savings time
« on: September 19, 2005, 18:17:01 pm »
I didn't see in the books how to transition your child from daylight savings time to standard savings time when there is an extra hour at night to contend with - is it done gradually and you have a few rough days or do you just try to make it happen all at once.  I have twins and making any changes is just hard.  They are 4 months old and we're still doing 3 hr EASY  because they start crying at 3 hrs and I just can't stand to let them both cry to try to lengthen to 4 hrs and I'm afraid of what will happen next month with the time change.
Sarah
Mom to Identical twins Alena & Iva born on May 11, 2005

Offline GraysonsMommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 19:13:12 pm »
That picture of your twins is just precious!!  They have the same birth date at my grandmother...great personality!!  Anyway, I am just writing to say that this is something I too am concerned with.  We just got our 16 week old son on a decent schedule.  We are still working through some bumps and I'm afraid of confusing things with the time change.  I am curious to see the responses too!  Thanks for this post!

Jessica
Grayson born 5/28/05
A Spirited and slightly Touchy little guy

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a214/luckylot1999/6f36d4a2.jpgimg07610qs.th.jpg[/img][/URL]

Offline Aarismom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 13
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 19:14:42 pm »
It's really up to you how you do it. Biologically speaking, you want to put them down at the same time for bed, and get them up at the same time in the am. They might make the change naturally, or they might need some help. I think a lot of moms are getting their lo's ready by putting them down 15 mins later for a few days, then doing it again, etc.

*HUGS*
Sonya =P

Texbook/Angel LO
April 26, 2005