Author Topic: E.A.S turning into E.A.S.A.E.S. ?  (Read 1163 times)

Offline asher and noël's mama

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • asher: hebrew for happy
« on: March 02, 2006, 15:24:55 pm »
hi, i know this topic has been addressed before, but i really need some good input in this area. 

i have been doing the EASY method with my 3 month dd for 4 weeks.  she is doing great with it, but we have a little glitch in the system.

she is bf and on the average eats on one side for 5 minutes and is done.  she is an efficient eater.  she will then easily go to the next three hour mark to eat again.  she is over 14 lbs, so i know she is getting enough.  but, her A and S time is where things get confusing.  she is consistently tired 1 hr after she wakes up.  sometimes in the morning after a good night she will got 1 hr 15 minutes, but not much more.  so this means she goes down one hour after waking, sleeps usually 1.5 hrs, sometimes more, sometimes less.  if i try to push her A time, she does not go down well, but if i act on her tired signs right at the hr mark she goes down really well.  she always wakes up on the 45 minute mark, usually stirs and goes back to sleep for 45 more minutes, but on the odd times will not go back to sleep even with help.  anyway, so then if we are going to wait for the 3 hr E mark, we have to have A time, the E time, then A time then S time.  i am fine with this, but as the day goes on the A time before E time gets longer, and the A time after E time gets shorter.  by the afternoon the A time before S time is almost non-existent. 

i would really rather have the EAS, but i can't seem to tweak it w/ out get her overtired. 

i would love to get some advice on this!

~kellie 

~kellie

asher job 3/30/04
elizabeth noël 12/2/05
abraham kenneth 3/23/07

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
Re: E.A.S turning into E.A.S.A.E.S. ?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 01:51:22 am »
Hi, Kellie.  Glad to have you with us.  I think things are perfectly fine.  Soon enough, things will change again, you can count on it.  Every baby is different.  Since you are not feeding to sleep (good for you!), any adjustments to EASY you need to make are fine.  It's wonderful that you are respecting your lo's needs by following her cues.  My dd had a EASAAAE routine (I put lots of A's b/c she took really short naps  >:().  Anyway, everything is fine.  As long as she healthy and happy, I wouldn't worry about it.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline elliotlove

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 16:59:56 pm »
Heather - I am so relieved to hear this - I didnt think you could throw in an activity time whenever and I was getting bogged down with things flowing smoothly!

Quick question - if my son goes down around 6:30 - 7pm for the night, and I do a DF at 10.....what time does his day start?
For example, if he wakes at 4:30 or 5am and I feed him and put him back to bed, does that count as one of his naps?

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
Re: E.A.S turning into E.A.S.A.E.S. ?
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 22:18:15 pm »
Elliotlove-glad I could help with something.  If bedtime for you ds is 6:30-7, depending on his age (I'm guessing under 6 mos from your post) he might have a 10-12 hr night.  I consider anything before 6 am a night waking.  I never had to deal with that myself, but I suggest that based on what I've read from others.  If you can get him back down for more sleep (great if you can!), then pick a time, I would suggest 7-8 am, you'd like your day to begin.  He might pick it for you, but letting him sleep in any longer might really mess with your day.  HTH, let me know.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007