Author Topic: Help  (Read 819 times)

Offline nessa_mahony

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 06, 2014, 09:50:58 am »
Hi I'm Ness and a first time mum and forum user!!

Just purchased The Baby Whisperer and realise we are total accidental parents!!! We are going to implement 4hour EASY routine tomorrow on our 5mth old with PU/PD as baby has been using us as motion props to get to sleep either in prams(day) or arms(night). I was wondering a few things however and would be most grateful for any advice

He sleeps in cot in our room, should we move him into his own room to start this process or phase it in?

I BF him on 7am and7pm feeds only but he takes these better upstairs in his own room(no distraction) is it disruptive to bring him upstairs for feed then back down for wind down and back up stairs for story etc.

He doesn't like being on his side so can we do shhhpat with verbal reassurance and hand gently stroking his head which seems to calm him??

Really appreciate any help Ness

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 12:45:11 pm »
Hi Ness and welcome!

Up to you about moving LO to his own room really.  I have moved both of mine out of our room at four months but that was a personal choice, SIDS recs are to be in parents room for the first six months.  I think it is likely to be easier to work on indpendent sleep with LO in his own room (and you may as well make all the changes together in my view) but you need to make the call about whether you feel comfortable with it.

You can do feeds and winddown where you want :). Winddown can take place in the bedroom, it doesn't have to be downstairs.  Just whatever works for you and your family.

Your version of shh pat sounds lovely :). Let us know if we can help more!