Author Topic: Not hungry for breakfast  (Read 1102 times)

Offline Mom2one

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Not hungry for breakfast
« on: November 07, 2006, 14:06:32 pm »
I find that breakfast with my 7 month old is hit and miss lately.  For example, this morning, she drank 7.5oz when she woke up, but at breakfast an hour later, she didn't want to eat it.  Yesterday however, she only drank 6oz and ate her breakfast just fine.

Should I only give her 6oz of formula when she wakes so that she is still hungry for breakfast?

Offline SylvieA

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 27
Re: Not hungry for breakfast
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 18:38:48 pm »
Hi there, some babies aren't as hungry as others. I would give as much formula as she wants in the morning. It has more calories than baby cereal or fruit puree (if that is what you give her). I never limited DS breast milk or formula at that age. Solids were just a filler in between feeds. But DS was never that hungy to start so I limited his solids until he was able to eat without decreasing his milk. HTH
Miguel-November 2005
Zoe-August 2008

Offline jenisgump

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Kaden is so cute!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 18:56:02 pm »
Hey I am having the same problem. Sometimes when I feed him solids after his bottle he only takes two bites. How long did it take your son to adjust to a bottle and solids?

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 20:15:59 pm »
Agree with pp milk is still the most important intake for babies at this age. My DD went through this phase as well and it will pass,just keep offering the solids she will start taking it again. Perhaps ty giving something else for breakfast.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline Mom2one

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 15:21:35 pm »
I try giving her different things for breakfast.  Honestly, she keeps changing.  I used to give her 1oz of fruit right before her bottle, and then her bottle immediately following.  That worked well for a few weeks, then all of a sudden, she wouldn't drink, and I would have to wait for 1hr for her to drink the bottle.  So, we changed to breakfast after bottle.  One day this week, no problem.  Drank 6oz when she woke up, and approx. 1hr later, had her 1oz of fruit, now yesterday and today, had maybe 5 spoonfuls of cereal/fruit and that was it.  But has no issues with the rest of the day's solid meals. 

Oh well, I guess I'll keep offering ???