Author Topic: Help with EASY for 4.5 month old  (Read 1161 times)

Offline sisenb

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 22, 2006, 13:39:43 pm »
My son, Jack, has been on EASY for awhile now and our routine is generally like this:

7AM Wake and eat (5-7 oz)
9AM Nap (1-1.5 hours)
11AM Eat (5-7 oz)
1PM Nap (.5-1 hours)
3PM Eat (5-7 oz)
4:30PM Nap (1 hour or so)
6:30PM Eat
7:00 Bath
7:30 Bed
11:00 Dreamfeed (5-6 oz)

Recently, he has been fighting the naps.  He sleeps for 15-30 minutes and then wakes and then it takes ages to get him back down.  He has also started waking again at night once or twice which he had stopped doing.  He has had a cold for about a week and a half but the cold has gotten better and he just has a bit of a runny nose now. 

I don't know if he is just going through a phase or what is happening but am looking for advice!

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
Re: Help with EASY for 4.5 month old
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 16:05:50 pm »
Before making changes to a nap schedule, I always give my dd a few days to see if it's just a phase, or a true need for a transition.  If it's been a week or so, you could try lengthening his A time in 15 min increments.  Also, while he's experiencing short naps, it would probably help to move his bedtime up so that he can make up for lost sleep.  You could try for 7:00 and see how he does.  He may be waking at night b/c he's been overtired from the day.  Does he wake at night every night?  Are the times the same or erratic?  Has he had any new developmental milestones such as rolling?
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline sisenb

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 10:50:37 am »
Thank you for responding.

Jack has been inconsistent over the past week or so and I mainly attributed it to having a cold.  However, as he started to get better, I was wondering if maybe he needed a change.

I don't think he has hit any new milestones--he hasn't mastered the full roll just yet--but I think one is coming soon.

Yesterday, although his 9 and 1 naps were not great (he kept waking), he did get in a good catnap between 5 and 6.  He went to sleep a bit later than usual but had an excellent feed (8 oz) and then a light dreamfeed at the usual time.  He slept through the night (yeah!) and had a great nap this morning.  Maybe it is just a phase but I will keep in touch and let you know.

Thank you again for the advice.