Author Topic: Is this normal?  (Read 1029 times)

Offline Jenn©

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Is this normal?
« on: November 22, 2005, 19:21:35 pm »
When DD  came home we did the put in the crib drowsy thing.  Very easy as she was a very sleepy girl for a while. (35 wk preemie).  Somewhere along the line, this stopped working.  Can't remember if it was with an ear infection or not.  The summer ended up as a blur. :D   Throw in reflux and the wrong formula(for a while), and we ended up rocking to sleep.  Naughty parents.  We got the right medicine and formula and started putting her in right after she fell asleep.  She would kind of wake up, squirm and go back to sleep.  Within the last 10 days she has started going into her crib awake and drowsy.  I'm not 100% sure how that started.  Sometimes she talks to her animals for a bit and falls asleep.  Other times, we may not hear a peep out of her at all.  What I find strange is once in a while she will fuss, start to cry.  Then all of a sudden, total silence.  Not any sort of a wind down, just like a switch.  Yesterday I was about to go in as she was crying for about 2 minutes, escalated from fussing.  Then silence.  I peeked in and she was sound asleep.  Since I have way more experience with "special needs" kids than "typical" ones, I have no idea if this is something they just do.  How can she be crying one minute and asleep the next?  The crying only lasts a few minutes before she is out.  She does the same thing at daycare.  Sorry for the disjointed thoughts, gotta love that night shift, NOT.  Thanks!!!!!!
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 21:31:13 pm »
i don't get it either, but my ds does the same thing. 

he normally talks to himself as he winds down in his crib, and every once in a while, he sounds like he's escalating, so i get up to go back to his room.  by the time i get there, he's asleep.  go figure!   :roll:  :lol:
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline velvet

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Is this normal?
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 03:31:11 am »
I agree - it is like a switch.

Offline Kimberly®

• Showing Appreciation 126
Is this normal?
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 05:40:33 am »
ditto.. my lo does this too. I've taken to waiting 5 minutes now, any longer and I know she needs me otherwise she just kind of drops off in the middle, when I would go to her sooner before she's get more fussy and it would take forever to settle her.
Kimberly

Offline Jenn©

• Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Is this normal?
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2005, 11:44:23 am »
I think I'm just going to add this to the list of things I don't understand.   I kind of wonder if I want to, it might really get confusing then, :?  :lol:
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.