Author Topic: Help with EASY routine 4 month old. please.  (Read 6950 times)

Offline Ima shel Alon

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 204
  • Alon was once a tiny baby
Re: Help with EASY routine 4 month old. please.
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2013, 12:32:29 pm »
That's great that she napped well. Like I said before when you see that she is unwell then forget about A times and just offer as much sleep as possible.
My journey of making 1000 goodies using unrefined sugar: http://1000crumbs.com/

Offline Jodes112

• Showing Appreciation 42
  • You got this! 🙌🏻
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2013, 15:24:27 pm »
Totally agree, thankyou.

We are getting nicely back on track (thank heavens) nice day today. 2hr 15 awake times, 2 1 and half hour naps and she is now currently having her cat nap.

Yay x
Jody
 xx

Offline LovelyLilyandJack

• Showing Appreciation 44
  • Formerly lovelylily
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2013, 18:37:06 pm »
I would LOVE a few days by myself to sleep and not go mad but sadly not going to happen!  We're still really struggling and the sleep deprivation really takes all perspective away from it all.  I managed to nap this afternoon and feel so much better for it,  though naps are still awful and he's resisting bedtime AGAIN right now.

Hope things continue to improve for you...

Offline Jodes112

• You got this! 🙌🏻
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2013, 07:20:57 am »
Oh no, i hope he gets out of the whole resisting naps soon.  Luckily macie has been ok (dont want to jinx it) but i wrotw it on another post, at around the 30 min mark ive been going in and waiting for her to stir (as she wpuld normally wake up at this point) and i have een then gently patting her so that she gets through the stir and remains asleep. Sometimes she resists naps her ct nap yesterday i had to hold her and rock her to sleep which i dont mind doing once in a while if it means she gets the nap.

We are going to newquay for the week today eeek i hope she will be ok and not super grumpy but we will see. She sleeps well in the pram so if she starts resisting naps i willgo for a stroll to get her to sleep. I know its a prop n all that bu id rather do it for a week and her nap well than try an get her to sleep in bed during day.

I hope things start looking a bot better for you. I totally agree things seem 10x harder when u are deprived of sleep too :(
Jody
 xx

Offline Jodes112

• You got this! 🙌🏻
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2013, 20:01:19 pm »
Hi!

Just thought i would give an update on things. We went on holiday last week an she was brill most days, and didnt wake at all in the night, we had 2 EW at 5.30am but reat of time between 6.30 - 7.

Towards the end of the week her naps were getting great, with a few good long naps (2hrs) which is not the norm for her so thats great. Bearing in mind we were all in a caravan so hard to keep the noise down she did really good.

Today is thw first full day home and as far as naps go she has been great! We did have an EW at 5am though which sort of threw the day out though!

Easy today went like this

Wake up 5am, left chatting until 6 when she starte getting louder so got up

E - 6.20am
A - 2 hrs 20 min
S - 7.20 - 9.00 (1hr 40 min)

E - 10.15
A - 2 hrs 20 min
S - 11.20 - 1pm (1 hr 40 min)

E - 2.15
A - 2 hr 15 min
S - 3.15 - 3.55 (40 min)

E - 6pm
A - 3hrs
Milk top up at 6.45
S - 6.55pm bed

So really great easy today!! Just would hve been totally prefect if she woke at 6/7 am rather than 5 and we wouldnt have had that 3hr awake before bed (she was shattered and messes with bottle when that tired)

Il see how he goes tomorow but would love to get rid of the EW if it keeps happening.

Xx
Jody
 xx

Offline Ima shel Alon

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2013, 10:23:22 am »
I think the EW is because of her first A time, it's too short. I know that you are couting from the time you hear her waking up, but with some babies that doesn't work and you need to count this A time different. Because she is lying in her cot and not really active she might need this time to be ignored as A time completely or counted as half A time (I'd do that first so to not get her too OT).

Offline Jodes112

• You got this! 🙌🏻
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2013, 13:06:43 pm »
Yes i know exactly what you mean. I will give this a try the next time this happens.  This morning though she woke at 5.15am i went in gave her comforter and left. 30 mins on she was sort of cry shouting as such (not a need you cry just shouting) after 35 mins she had dropped back off to sleep until 7am.

Now the day is going great she had 2 hr 10 awake which i think was a little short as she only slept 40 mins (but we were washing the carpet with a vert loud hoover so this could have disturbed her) and then had 2 hr 10 awake (think she was tired from her short last nap as she has been doing 2hr 20 awake) she is now still asleep and its been 2 hrs!! Brill nap. Which means cat nap will be at a prefect time of around 4.30.

All going good just need to work on that EW

Thanks for the advice xx
Jody
 xx

Offline Ima shel Alon

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2013, 08:57:08 am »
Keep us posted!

Offline Jodes112

• You got this! 🙌🏻
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2013, 19:09:35 pm »
Hi again

Just an update. Dont wanna jinx things but things are going great. The kiddies stayed at grandmas last night (first time out for dd) she did great went to bed fine, although had an ew at 5am, i did say leave her and she will drop back off but a she was in the same room they found it pretty hard. So the got her up (which is fine) an she was bak asleep at 6.30 for 2 hrs! Mummy and daddy enjoyed daye night 😊

Naps are great. She tends to have a shoreter morning nap - around 45 mins but then a 2 hr nap in the aft and a cat nap in eve. Im so happy things have settled down and thank you so much for your support through a bad time!!

Still need to crack that Ew but we will get there im sure. Least she is falling back to sleep.

X
Jody
 xx

Offline Ima shel Alon

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2013, 16:56:05 pm »
Great to hear there is a positive progress!
Not enough first A time and EW are connected (and you are getting an Ut nap IMO) so I would work on increasing the first A time and see if it helps.

Offline Jodes112

• You got this! 🙌🏻
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2013, 06:37:03 am »
Hi, were still doing good, yeterday we had a 1hr 40 nap in the am and a 1 hr 50 nap in aft and a 45 min cat nap (shes a different baby!)

I do have a queation though. She is still waking around 5am, yesterday it was literally 10 minsshe was cooing gently and back to sleep. This morn was around 30 mins but he was shouting blowing raspberries babbling mamama lol. But did drop back off after 30 mins then woke for the day at 7am.

Am i right in thinking this would be classed as a NW? And any idea how to stop it? I know you said o put her for am nap a little later but does this still apply even tho she goes back to sleep n up at 7am?

Not sure how to get er out of it seems a habbit xx
Jody
 xx

Offline Jodes112

• You got this! 🙌🏻
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2013, 06:42:57 am »
Oh and sometimes i go in (to check she hasnt rolled over, and to make sure she hasnt lost her comforter) and she looks sleepy and yawny. She is definatley not ready to get up... X
Jody
 xx

Offline Ima shel Alon

« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2013, 07:02:44 am »
Am i right in thinking this would be classed as a NW? And any idea how to stop it? I know you said o put her for am nap a little later but does this still apply even tho she goes back to sleep n up at 7am?
Yes, it would be a NW if she is going back to sleep, but it's still an EW, yk? And all what you describe sounds UT to me so something needs to change in her routine. She is not getting enough A time or is sleeping too much :P

Offline Jodes112

• You got this! 🙌🏻
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2013, 09:20:59 am »
Right. Over the last week she has had different days where her daytime sleep has varied. And i have started capping her naps now so they fit into the day.

So she usually falls asleep around 7.30pm. Wakes at 5am for 30 mins and then is usually up for the day at 7am. So thats 11 hrs night sleep. Day would normally go like this -

E 7.15
A 2hr 20ish mins (can be 10 mins either side read cues)
S 9.20 - 10.30 (i wake her) 1hr 10 mins
E 11
A 2hr 20
S 12.50 - 2.15 (again i have been waking) 1 hr 20- 1 hr 30
E 3
A 2hr 15
S 4.30 - 5 cat nap 30 mins

Bath 6.30 wind down, bottle, bed at 7.15 asleep at 7.30

Is there anything that could be changed? The reason i am waking her is because if i dont she would have 2 hrs nap in am 2 hrs in pm and then her last nap would end around 3-3.30 & this then leaves a lobg awake time and no time for cat nap!

Soshe has only been getting around 3 - 3.5 hrs sleep in day. Is this too much? And if so how can i tweak it?

Haha she has gone total opposite now naps are fab! Which is great for the 3-2 transition when she is ready.

Thanks
Jody
 xx

Offline Jodes112

• You got this! 🙌🏻
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2013, 05:44:28 am »
Same again this morn.. Awake at 5.15 for 25-30 mins. Then my son wakes up 10 mins later because she has disturbed him. So i then have to get up with him so he doesnt wake her back up. Urgh!

Yesterday she was at grandmas for the morning and she only had a 20 mun nap (think she went and got her when she stirred at 20 mins instead of leaving her. 2 hrs in aft n 30 min cat nap 2hr 50 min day sleep in total and still an early wake... Do you think i should try and cut out the cat nap?

X
Jody
 xx