Author Topic: trying to resettle 6 month old  (Read 592 times)

Offline debz77

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 11, 2013, 23:49:56 pm »
hi all
i have been trying the E.A.S.Y routine today is day 3 and this morn my LO went down within 5mins for her 9am nap however she woke after a half hour due to noise outside (stupid dog) she was happy playing so i left her until tears arose at around 10 past 10, i then tried to resettle using pu/pd method (which has been working fine) but used up all of her S time trying it then got to just after 11 and i then gave up so that she could have a feed. This has happened on all three days but i feel like im teaching her that if she persists i will eventually give in however i felt like the tears were aided by hunger. How long should i continue pu/pd after her E time has begun?
apart from this hiccup i am feeling really good about implementing this routine, before now i was putting her to sleep on the boob and am glad now to have some structure and get her settling without it.

Offline Ima shel Alon

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 204
  • Alon was once a tiny baby
Re: trying to resettle 6 month old
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 07:21:55 am »
Hi and welcome to BW!

I would try and resettle till the next feed time (unless it's more than 40min), then feed, have a shorter A time so she doesn't get OT and then try to PD again.
It's pretty hard when the first nap is going out the window, it kinda messes with the rest of the day, but there won't be noise every day, right? There is always tomorrow to start again :)
If at any point you have questions about her routine you can always post her day in an EASY format and we can have a look if maybe a tweak can help :).
Good luck!
My journey of making 1000 goodies using unrefined sugar: http://1000crumbs.com/