Author Topic: Wakes up hungry  (Read 899 times)

Offline Tuty

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Wakes up hungry
« on: April 04, 2007, 16:44:19 pm »
Hi all,

DD is 13 months old and was a pretty good sleeper since 5 months. In the past couple of weeks she started waking up once in the middle of the night very hungry (she'd drink 6 ounces in a matter of a few minutes). She's eating very well during the day too. I pasted her routine below. Is there anything we can do regarding the night WU or just wake 'till it passes on its own.

Thanks,
Tuty

WU: 6:45
E: 7:00 bottle (6oz)
E: 8:30 breakfast (cheerios, cereal, fruits - a full plate)
11:00 fruits/cheerios in the park
E: 12:30 lunch (meet, veggies, fruits - finishes a full plate)
E: 13:00 bottle (6oz)
S: 13:30 - 15:30
E: 15:30 snack
E: 17:00 dinner - varies
E: 19:00 bottle (6oz)
S: 19:30

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: Wakes up hungry
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 16:55:08 pm »
I wouldn't feed at night since that will in term set her body/metabolism to think it "needs" food then, KWIM? Instead I'd focus on tanking up during the day. She looks like a good eater but maybe she needs more fat? For example, will she have eggs and/or turkey bacon, etc with breakfast some mornings? For snacks how about cheese stick or something like that? Add healthy fats like avocado to her lunch or dinner? Offer a bigger bedtime bottle if she'll take it and already ate well that day?
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline mari

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • Nathan and Alex. Pearl Harbor May 2008.
    • http://marileechildcare.vpweb.co.uk/
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 19:47:06 pm »
Have you tried any other way of getting her back to sleep?  In my experience, offering milk during the night only leads to further wakings, and every waking demands a bottle  ::)
As Karen said, it looks like she is a good eater so ensure that she is tanked up during the day.  I offer Alex supper as well, even though she doesnt always have it.  Porridge is a good one!
How does she fall asleep at bedtime?  Does she sleep independently?

Offline Tuty

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 20:19:08 pm »
Thanks for your replies!

I don't think she needs more fats..

She usually falls asleep on her own. But since she moved to one nap, she started using the mid-day bottle to calm herself to sleep, so that might be related, but I can't organize her schedule differently.

A few nights ago she woke up threw her stuffed animal out and asked for the bottle. After 30 minutes of her screaming and me trying to explain to her she doesn't need the bottle, she calmed down and asked for her lovey and went back to sleep. Now she's waking up on alternate days but I'm not feeding her.