Author Topic: 3 month old waking from naps and sleep with hiccups  (Read 756 times)

Offline Cvbaby2014

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
3 month old waking from naps and sleep with hiccups
« on: September 30, 2014, 13:47:33 pm »
My LO has been prone to hiccups but they died down after the first month.
I have noticed an increase over the last couple of weeks...especially when he wakes.  I dont know if it is gas that wakes him then he gets hiccups or if he just gets hiccups when he wakes.

He is breastfed. I try to feed him on an angle and keep him upright after feeds.  I cant elevate the crib aa he moves way too much.  I also make sure i burp him frequently .. although he is hard to burp at night.

Is it developmental?

I cant figure out whether they cause his short naps or if they are a coincidence.

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: 3 month old waking from naps and sleep with hiccups
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 08:59:18 am »
Is he showing any other signs of discomfort? Hiccups can be trapped wind, other times they cause LOs no problems. However, they can also be a symptom of reflux (silent or otherwise) reflux often shows itself after 4-6 weeks (though not always)

How long is his A time?
What is he like when he wakes from his short naps?
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline Cvbaby2014

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 3 month old waking from naps and sleep with hiccups
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 10:26:18 am »
We suspected reflux when he was a newborn, but the symptoms seemed to improve from about 6 weeks.  We persisted in keeping him upright after feeds and limiting jiggling him etc.

He is showing signs of teething however - nursing strike, chewing etc.  So I am wondering if this is bringing it back.

He is hard to burp too - and often my efforts to do so result in winding him up and waking him up fully during his NWs.