Author Topic: EASY trasition ?  (Read 628 times)

Offline tjac

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 10, 2006, 12:04:01 pm »
Hi! My LO is 12 weeks old and is on a 3.5 hour EASY.  We are going to be on vacation for a week right around the time she hits 4 months old.  I wonder if I should start the transition to a 4 hour EASY now to avoid any sleep problems that may come up due to the typical growth spurt (per BW), or just keep her on 3.5 until we return from vacation.  I would like to have her on 4 hours by then but want to do what is best for her.  Any advice?

Offline calebs mommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 24
  • My two favorite guys!
Re: EASY trasition ?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 15:07:03 pm »
We went a trip to visit our families when my son was 3 1/2 months old.  We were trying to extend to the 4 hr easy.  I found that with all the extra activity and people wanting to play with him and hold him, he just couldn't stay awake as long as he could at home.  He pretty much followed the 3 hr EASY while there, then when we got back home, we started working toward 4 hr EASY again.  I think it just depends on your lo.  I guess just be flexible to go either way, depending on how she handles the vacation. 
Stephanie- mom to Caleb and baby boy #2 due July 4, 2008

Offline tjac

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 15:37:12 pm »
Yeah thanks for the advice I didn't think about the extra activity.  I know I am going to have to be flexible either way, I am just wondering if I should start trying the transition now mmmm...decisions decisions:)

Offline calebs mommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 24
  • My two favorite guys!
Re: EASY trasition ?
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 15:42:39 pm »
If you feel your lo is ready, then you could go ahead and work towards it.. just be ready for some possible regression on vacation.  Good luck to you!
Stephanie- mom to Caleb and baby boy #2 due July 4, 2008