Author Topic: EASY catnap issue  (Read 784 times)

Offline ashopaholicmom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 10, 2006, 19:25:04 pm »
Hi, not sure if this goes on the nap forum or the EASY forum so please move if im wrong.

My 5mth DS and I have just been working on a 4 hour EASY. But after his afternoon catnap he is cranky cranky and hard to deal with untill bed time, What am I doing wrong? 
Here is our goal schedule:
7am  Bottle
8am  Cereal
9am  Nap
11am Bottle
12pm Cereal and Squash (we started this just this week)
1pm  Nap
3pm Bottle
4pm  Cereal
4:30/5  Catnap
7pm Bottle
7:30  Bed

Modifications:  He wakes up at about 6 or 6:30. some mornings he'll hang out and play, others he demands to eat right away.  We tried df and he woke up every 3 hours through the night every time. so ive stopped that. the problem begins after his 4:00 feeding. he gets soooo sleepy but when he goes down for his catnap at about 4:30  i let him sleep untill 5:30. when i wake him up he is horrible cranky and it makes our evening very hard. This of course is also the time i'm trying to cook, handle DH coming home, bath ect... it's the craziest part of the day and my least favorite. Are my feeling rubbing of on him or i'm i not letting him sleep enough/too much?  After rereading this i realize this most likely belong in EASY forum so i will post there as well. sorry.  Any Advice on this afternoon nap ect... is greatly appreciated!

Since i'm "here"  Does my schedule sound okay for his age. the last few days he has  been doing great (knock on wood)  i'm thinking it's because we are finally catching on.   Background info, 5mths  16.5 lbs   26inches long   has been on cereal for 4weeks and just started this week solids(squash)  Sits up on his own, rolls across floor both directions, will lift body up with hands and with legs, just not together. gi joe crawls backward, lol fighting for the forward motion(ITS ADORABLE, grunting and everything)  Im a first time SAHM and im scared of  doing something wrong! lol!  Oh, we have 2 bottom teeth and are the teething symptoms are full force. I thought maybe that's why he was getting cranky, but at the same time every day????   All advice is very welcome!! Thanks

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
Re: EASY catnap issue
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 20:35:54 pm »
Hi,

Welcome to the boards.

From what I can see your routine looks great.

I am thinking that it is all developmental.  From what you are saying the little guy has a lot going on right now, what with sitting up, crawling, rolling etc.  The teething could also be what is bothering him.  I found that my DS's teeth always seemed to bother him more later on in the afternoon / evening.

With you saying that he is waking up earlier - Has he gone through his 4 month growth spurt?

Have you tried cluster feeding him at 5:30 when he wakes up, and then again at 7 - This could help him tank up a bit more, and may help him sleep a little longer.  Just a thought.

HTH

Paula x
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007