Author Topic: Help! Waking 30 mins after 7pm bedtime for 6 weeks now.  (Read 952 times)

Offline NatJS

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Help! Waking 30 mins after 7pm bedtime for 6 weeks now.
« on: September 05, 2013, 06:28:27 am »
Hi,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help...
My LO is 8 months old and we have recently transitioned from 3-2 sleeps a day and dropped the DF, however, with this she has started waking 30mins after going down for the night a 7pm and I can't work out if she is UT or OT.
Her easy is as follows:

6.30-40am wakes but we leave her n cot until 7am
7am BF
8.30am breakfast (solids)
Active play
10am sleep
11.20-11.30am wake
11.30am BF
1.00pm lunch (solids)
3.00pm sleep
3.40pm wakes
3.40pm BF
5pm dinner
6pm bath
6.20pm bottle of formula
Active play
7pm bed
7.30pm wakes up.
At the 7.30pm wake up she will sometimes settle within 10-20mins of protesting, however, sometimes it will take 30-40mims before she resettles herself. For the most part we leave her as we have found going in only makes her worse...this habit does not seem to be subsiding.
She self settles for all sleeps, does not have a dummy and sleeps in a sleeping bag.

I have been advised to stretch her first awake time out to almost 4 hours (10.20am bedtime) but this just seems excessive for her age as she is asleep before I even leave the room when I put her down for this sleep.
Any advice?

TIA
Nat

Offline PaulsMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 41
Re: Help! Waking 30 mins after 7pm bedtime for 6 weeks now.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 10:32:21 am »
Hmmm....  I usually think that this type of nw to be OT.  Her a looks fine to me.  4 hrs is at the top end of the A for this age.  Since her naps are good, I wouldn't increase it.  Is she waking at other times during the night? 

If anything could you try an earlier bt since the last a is longer?  Also, what is she eating for dinner?  Is she too full going to bed?

Offline NatJS

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 10:45:50 am »
Hi,
Thank you for replying.

She sleeps through the night with minor wake ups usually between sleep cycles, but always resettles within a few mins (I have not had to go to her for weeks now).
I have tried an earlier bed time but this has had no effect.
I hadn't thought about being to full. She has 4-6 ice cubes of chicken casserole (or some kind of protein with veg) mixed with a little rice cereal and some formula, this is followed by what ever purée fruit she can fit in and some finger food (usually a cruskit). She then has a bottle of formula at 6.20pm but she has only been drinking 50-60ml of this. She then has 30mins up time before bed.

If I pushed her bt out to 7.20pm could that help?

N

Offline PaulsMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 41
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 22:05:27 pm »
I suppose if you have tried an earlier bt, then you could try a slightly later bt.  Is she resisting going to sleep? Lets see how that goes for a few days.