Poll

Can I start the EASY with a 3 month old

Easy Forum
3 (100%)
Nap Formum
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: December 18, 2006, 17:08:16 pm

Author Topic: EASY for a 3 month old  (Read 1307 times)

Offline leahwlfe

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 13, 2006, 17:08:16 pm »
She has a pretty good routine. I would like her to have a better eat and nap routine/scedule. She usually takes a long morning nap and then a short afternoon nap and a short evening nap. She is sleeping at night very well, last night was all the way through the night!!! Any suggestions on how to get started.

Offline angelina and andrew's mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
  • my two cuties.
Re: EASY for a 3 month old
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 17:22:31 pm »
hi, for ur lo being 3mnths i would start on the 3hr easy-before any suggestions though, can u post us what ur routine is like just now-include times, how much ur lo eats(bottle or bf), awake times, nap times, how long, does she use a pacifier, whats she like before naps, when she gets a bath, etc. :)

Offline leahwlfe

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 17:29:44 pm »
Unfortunatly I work as a teacher full time. She is with the babysitter from 7:00-4:00pm. Her routine is very laxed. Starting with the morning (work day) I have to wake her usually around 7:15 dressed, play off to the babysitter. She takes a bottle at 8:00 (I think) She is drinking any where from 3 ounces to 6. and anywhere from 21/2 hours to 4. This is the area I would like to improve on. Her eating habits are so unpredictable. When I pick her up we play, bottle around 5:00, play sometimes short nap. start bedtime routine at 8:00 includes bath, message, pjs, bottle, a rock and cuddle by mom and then put in bed awake she is usually fast asleep by 8:45 or 9:00. In the past week she has gotten up once for a bottle but last night she slept through the night. She is bottle fed with formula. My Christmas break is coming shortly and I really want to work on her routine then. I started the book last night. Thanks so much for your help!!

Offline leahwlfe

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 17:32:00 pm »
More on dd. She wont take a pacifier (sometimes I wish she did) She gets very cranky when over tired. She loves her bath.

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
  • my two cuties.
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 18:30:07 pm »
hey, my dd wont take a pacifier either and its not a bad thing. is there any way ur babbysitter could even write down what dd's day is like-just for a day or 2? that is great that she is only up once in the nite or sleeps through. :) when dd gets wakened at 7.15-would she take a feed? the aim is to try and do
Eat-after woken up
Activity
Sleep.
it doesnt always work like that though. my dd likes half an hr in the morn before her feed.
2 1/2- 4 hrs does seem a little long and thats prob why shell get cranky coz shes overtired.
how long does dd normally nap for?
if dd is up at 7.15am , she would then have an awake time of roughly 1 1/2 hrs or less (that includes feeds, nappy change, wind down time). she would then go for a nap at 8.30-the book says the nap should be of about 1 /12 hrs. personally i can only get 30-60 minute naps from angelina so my EASY is more like EASA. Which book do u have? tracy recommends u write ur day down and observe the first couple of days-sometimes they have a good routine and it not recognisable till u see it on paper. i still write it all down-my memory is terrible!! and it made it easier for me at the beginning to work out why angelina was crying like that( i could never differentiate her cries at first) and then if her routine goes a little off or completely haywire i can look back and see what has changed. sorry if this reply seems a bit mangled-if ur not sure of what i wrote just ask.
 :)

Offline leahwlfe

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 18:52:50 pm »
That is a good idea to have the babysitter write it down for a few days. That will help me adjust what I need to adjust. She is not hungry when she wakes up so she usually waits and feeds with the babysitter. At 3 months how many naps should they be getting. A lot of the times I think her crankiness is because she is way overtired. Is there a rough amount (in hours) of naps she should be getting during the day. Sometimes she will nap a total of 3 hours a day and then one day she napped for 5 hours straight. I am reading "The Secrets of the Babt whisperer" I think it is her first book. Right? Did I pick up the right one. The first couple of chapters though arent pertaining to me. They are more for when you are pregnant. Thanks so much!!

Offline meltown

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
    • Living a Frugal Life
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 19:23:04 pm »
4 1/2-5 hours of nap time and 10-12 hours a night is what is needed.  here is a link that shows the norms for different ages.

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=46.0
Melissa
http://www.livingafrugallife.com - Frugal Living

mom to:
Braxton 09/06/2006
Reagan 03/27/2008
Kiley 09/27/2010
Quinn 02/10/2013
Madison 08/07/2021

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
  • my two cuties.
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 19:49:37 pm »
ive only seen 2 recent baby whisperer books and there both good-they really helped me to understand angelina- i got comments about it from family memebers but it works a treat-why do things they did 20 years ago when u can have a happier and contented baby.i also found it really useful to look in the easy forum for the example posts of routines-it helped me sort one out that suited angelina.i would post u the link but i havent figured out how to do that yet! xx also, talk to ur childminder and ask her to follow ur routine. keep us posted on how ur gettin on.xx
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 20:14:32 pm by angelina's mum »