Author Topic: What did your PICKY toddler eat today?  (Read 17117 times)

Offline Mydreamcametrue

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: What did your PICKY toddler eat today?
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2006, 13:08:39 pm »
Karen:  True, I think I may try that.    That website you gave me is so helpful.  Thanks again.

* So far a pretty good morning for Zach.

Wake: 8 oz. milk in cup
Breakfast: 1 piece of french toast, a few bites of apple and some puffs.

Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2006, 14:04:58 pm »
Glad to hear it! I post there often (or used to anyway, not so much anymore) as knb18.

We're barely eating or drinking here today but again, it seems related to the massive amount of congestion and nose crust. She's happy as a clam though...
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline NKmommy

• Showing Appreciation 45
  • AKA Nathan'smommy
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2006, 19:50:16 pm »
I am embarrassed to post here since we are in such a funk with eating, but here goes...

Breakfast - Three bites of oatmeal, one bite of yogurt, refused cereal, refused fruit

Snack - An orange slice

Lunch - One noodle of mac n cheese, refused turkey, refused raspberries..

Wish me luck for the rest of the day!   :(
Sheila
ng

Offline Fiona (Leah & Kians Mom)

• Showing Appreciation 84
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2006, 19:55:07 pm »
Yipee, dont know what possesed my picky dd today but she ate veal stroganoff with mushrooms, ( after pasta with fish) and she just loved the mushrooms, so tonight I did chicken and mushroom for me and she ate a bit of that too, again more mushroom than anything. This is the girl with slippy/wet texture probs  >:( Of course me and dh know she will never eat it again  :P

Offline Mydreamcametrue

« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2006, 22:28:40 pm »
Well the rest of our day went okay.  Lunch he ate 1/2 sandwich and a few bites of apple.  Dinner..  Spit out pork, green beans, potaoteos and carrots.  He finally ate 3 crackers.

:-(
Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2006, 23:35:19 pm »
Have you figured out anything more with the Prevacid timing, Wendy?

Welcome Sheila and don't be embarrased. Isn't Nathan a former refluxer too? It seems many of our LOs on this thread are...

That's great Leahsmom - how did you get her to try that?

Today Marisa had:
- Breakfast: 2 ounces milk, most of oatmeal (made with one ounce milk)/fruit mix. One bite of Ego waffle, few cheerios
- Morning snack/early lunch: 3.5 ounces milk, 6 small bites grilled cheese, veggie booty
- Afternoon snack: 4 spoonfuls veggie puree, .5 ounce milk, 3 wagon wheels, diluted juice. Refused turkey, cheese
- Dinner: 1.5 ounces milk, 4 tiny bites chicken cutlet, jar of carrots/beef/barley, almost half whole grain English muffin toasted and buttered, Just Strawberries, Whole Foods Veggie Chips (likes the carrots and green beans)
- Bedtime: handful of Gerber freeze dried fruit - new flavor this time - banana/pineapple, 4.5 ounces milk
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Mydreamcametrue

« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2006, 00:20:13 am »
Karen:  I have not figured out any more with the timing.  Today I gave it to him right after his milk and then breakfast was 15 minutes later.  So I am sure the prevacid did not even work today.  Hummm  maybe that could be why he was so darn fussy all day long...

What if for some reason he does not really have true reflux?  We never have had testing done.  I mean he has all the symptoms of it and everytime we go to the doctor they do a strep test because he throat is always so red (but yet he never has strep).  Can this medicine do any harm if they do not really need it?

I just wish I could figure out why he does not eat that much (never ever has) and why he whines all the time.  He has been sleeping really good though.

-Wendy
Wendy -

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2006, 00:28:28 am »
Wendy - the medicine will not do any harm - it is virtually impossible to overdose on a PPI. And from your description it does sound like he needs it but I'd really try to time it better and get him on two doses a day and see if that really helps.

Offline Mydreamcametrue

« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2006, 00:35:05 am »
Stacy:  OMG YES!!! mmmmm mmmmm mmmm mmmm  ahhhhh ahhhh ahhhh...  Yeah like something is buring in him. 

Karen:  Thanks.  I think I may go see his doctor tom. and ask about uping his does or switching to that one medicine that can be taken at anytime.  It is called  Zegerid, have you heard of it?  Any advice?

Thanks so much you guys!!! 
Wendy -

Offline JennŠ

• Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2006, 00:45:17 am »
Zoey and other moms swear by it and pledge to marry He Who Invented It.  http://www.marci-kids.com/  This is the site with info about the med.  Seems you can e-mail the doc and pharmacists there andthey get back to you pretty quick.  Print out the dosing info and such to take to the doc with you.  PM Zoey if you have any questions.  She will love to help.   :-*
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline Mydreamcametrue

« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2006, 00:53:28 am »
Do you have Zoey's name on here that I can PM her?  I have checked out that website.  It has a lot of infor. 

Wendy -

Offline JennŠ

• Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2006, 00:57:40 am »
Zoey is also her user name.   :)  She is a pu/pd mod.
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline Mydreamcametrue

« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2006, 01:11:11 am »
Jenn:  Thanks I just PM her!!!  I will keep you all posted.

Wendy -

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Showing Appreciation 275
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2006, 03:01:53 am »
Just wanted to quickly say that I have a 'fluxer too. Interesting!  :-\
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008

Offline kirsty_167

• Showing Appreciation 45
  • My little munchkin!!
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2006, 04:17:08 am »
Hi..
I  am  more and more sure that Jakobs reflux issues have contributed to his selective eating habits.If i think about it when he was young his throat was always "burnt" by the stomach acids coming back up (silent reflux) and he associated food/swallowing with pain.Purees always soothed it eating them was never a problem.
When he started lumpier foods he was very anti them. I know he was young but perhaps physcologically he asscoiated food with pain  IYGWIM? He has taken many months to even try finger foods and of course now is still very limited in what he will eat.

I wish there was more research done in the connection between reflux and food issues......i have come across a lot of mothers with reflux babies/toddlers who go through the same thing! Something to think about.

We have added one new food this week which Jakob is wolfing down.......rice rissotto. He loves it!!! Yeah for a new item to the "yes" list!!!!! Last week he added rice crackers....so one new food a week is all good!

Kirsty

Kirsty