Author Topic: Questions on how to implement EASY with a sleepy baby  (Read 834 times)

Offline Francessantos

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Questions on how to implement EASY with a sleepy baby
« on: May 24, 2013, 22:41:56 pm »
Hi,

I'm new here. My DD is now 2 weeks old and I am having some doubts on how to implement the EASY method.

After a nap, she feeds for about 5-7 minutes and then falls asleep (she seems to be a very sleepy baby so none of those techniques to wake the baby up during the feed work with her.)
So I burp her for 20 min and then change her diaper. What happens sometimes is that on the changing table she wakes up and is ready to feed some more.

- How does that affect the EASY routine?
- Is it ok to feed her again?
- After feeding do I have to put her on the changing table again, so she can get the 'A' part?
- Is she becoming a snacker?
- After the second feed, she usually fall into a very heavy sleep, is it ok to put her directly in her crib after burping?

Thanks for the help!!

Frances.

Offline Ima shel Alon

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 204
  • Alon was once a tiny baby
Re: Questions on how to implement EASY with a sleepy baby
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 12:27:11 pm »
Hi and welcome to BW!
At her age I really don't think you should worry about any of it. If she seems hungry again then feed her, if she seems hungry short after feeding then put her in the crib. When she is grows a bit older you'll notice that she needs her A time a bit longer, you'll have more time between her feed and her nap (more playing time, yay!) and she might by herself stop with the second feeding. It's pretty difficult with a newborn not to follow their lead and fight with them spacing feeds. They basically just want to feed and sleep at this age so it sounds like you are doing great!
Congrats on your LO!
My journey of making 1000 goodies using unrefined sugar: http://1000crumbs.com/

Offline Francessantos

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Questions on how to implement EASY with a sleepy baby
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 12:38:42 pm »
Hi,

thanks for the reply! It really made me less anxious to know that it's ok at this point to let her have her second feed.

:D

Frances