Author Topic: When do you get your LO up in the morning?  (Read 1569 times)

Offline Khyan & Sahria's mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 10
When do you get your LO up in the morning?
« on: September 13, 2005, 13:27:07 pm »

Do you go to them when they start babbling/talking ?
when the babble/talk begins to get whingy/crying ?
and if you do wait till they cry - Do they stop as soon as they see you?

We are about 1 week into sleep training and for the first time in about 6mths Khyan doesn't wake up crying in the morning - but he is fine for only about 5 mins before he starts to yell or cry !

If I go to him he will stop crying most of the time but normally he will still be whingy once we leave the room. About 50 % of the time he will stop as soon as he is in his high chair with a sippy cup.

I am really having troubles trying to decide if he is still tired or just really hungry. When he is really hungry he is HORRIBLE to be around - he just cries. But it's not really a different cry to being tired. He seems to only have 1 cry that says "FIX MY PROBLEM, but I'm not going to tell you what the problem is ! "

I'm second guessing myself all the time in the morning - so I was hoping that some of you could tell me what you do !

TIA
Michaela
Khyan & Sahria's Mummy

Offline Mariek

• Showing Appreciation 225
  • If the Beatles had read Hunter
    • My Blog: Protect The Cookie!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 14:09:43 pm »
Hi Michaela

My DD tends to be okay for a while when she wakes up (she will entertain herself talking to her toys and singing). She gets to a point though were she's clearly had enough of playing by herself and wants to get up, then she starts whining and crying a bit.

One thing I learnt with DD is that I can't leave the room and leave her in her cot once I've been in (she wants to get up then and screams blue murder if I leave the room again - if I have to answer the phone or get something). So I make sure I've done everything I need to do before I go into her (washed, dressed, teeth brushed, cuppa for me, finding any clothes and stuff I need for her) . It's much better for me to leave her in there whining a little (it's not consistent, just off and on) than to go in and come out again (because then we get full blown screaming).

Hope that makes sense.

love
Marie

Offline Poppy & Lily

• Showing Appreciation 79
  • UK
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 16:12:52 pm »
Hi Michaela,

My DD tends to play away quite content until she hears me make any noise, as soon as she does she starts screaming.. :roll:

Like marie I find that if I get everything done before I know she will wake it helps me to cope with the chaotic mornings I have with her..Hope this makes sense?

HTH :D
Poppy-lilys mum

http://b1.lilypie.com/rkqp0/.png[/img][/url]

Offline mattandcindy

• Showing Appreciation 18
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 16:18:47 pm »
Abigail wakes up and talks in her crib which either materalizes into crying/whining or going back to sleep. I let her talk, if it turns into crying, I go get her. I also have to have everything ready, if I go in and then leave she really cries (although if I turn her mobile on it buys me a few minutes)
Cindy

Offline elfin

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 16:49:43 pm »
Hi Michaela,

Well normally he wakes and babbles for awhile, but then once he starts fussing we go in and get him.  That being said, we are dealing with some very early mornings around here since he was sick last week, where he wakes screaming :roll: .  Most days though he is up at 6am, and then we go downstairs and he has his milk and we watch the morning news or the sports highlights.  He then has breakfast at around 7:30am.
Carrie

Myles 12/06/03

elfin@thebabywhisperer.com

Offline deenz

• Showing Appreciation 50
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 08:02:46 am »
Most of the time dd just babbles and entertains herself until we go and get her - usually at 7am (sometimes she's been awake but happy for 45min before we go in!).  Sometimes though there is something bothering her, and she starts whining/crying earlier, and we'll go and get her then.  A start like this usually means more whining through the morning.  It doesn't seem to always coincide with having a restless night though, so not sure what causes it.