Author Topic: 10 Month old NOT SLEEEEPING!!!!!!!  (Read 1086 times)

Offline tiredmummylee

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 18, 2012, 01:04:16 am »
How old is your child? 10 Months old
What’s his/her daily routine?

Wake up 7 and breastfed
Breakfast 7.15 and 7.30
Activity Time between 7.45 or 8am till 10.30 sometimes 11
Breastfed/Bottle (if im working)
Nap ( usually 45 mins)
11.45, 12 Lunch
12.30 Activity play
Breastfed/Bottle
2.30,3 Nap 45 mins
3.45 Activity time
5pm Dinner
5.45 Bath
7pm Bottle
Sometimes he falls asleep otherwise he is up till 8.30-9.30 some nights

What’s nap routine? As above
How long are naps? Usually 45 mins to an hour
What's bedtime routine? Time? Sometimes he falls asleep having his bottle at around 7 other times he is wide awake till 9.30
Do you bottle or breastfed?? Both i work part time
How much? or how long? 250 mls if a bottle 3 times a day
If breastfed.. one side or both?? (at each feed) Only one side
How many wakes per night? anywhere between 3 and 5
What’s your LO like when waking at night? How long is he/she up? Wide awake wanting to play, upset and crying sometimes too
When you go to him/her is she fussing or crying? Or is it a mantra cry? Will not ly down just cries and cries gets himself really worked up.
What have you tried to settle?? Just getting him from standing to ly down last night i did it for an hour and a half non stop no talking and he finally gave in.
What do you do for A time and how long is it? Can be reading books, playing with toys, balls, crawling around following me, being out and about, play dates. Usually 2-2 1/2 hours
Are there developmental issues such as teething or milestones? Yes he is teething. I use weleda teething powder at night. He has had a few ear infections recently. His ears are fine now though.
Have you introduced cereal? Why, how much, and how many times a day? (for LO’s under 6 months)
Do they have a prop? If so what is it? Yes Dummy
Do they have a lovie? No

I know we have build a rod for our own backs as he was quite sick with ear infections constantly for 3 months. We allowed him to sleep with us as he had some really high fevers etc..No excuse i know but please help me get my boy sleeping better. I have a 7 year old to whom is waking up at night and really tired in the morning. I only have him every second week so tomorrow he goes to his dads and this next week i am determined to get my little one settled and sleeping better.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: 10 Month old NOT SLEEEEPING!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 02:56:46 am »
I think overall he needs more sleep.  At 10 months I would think that he'd generally do about an 11 hour night and then 3 ish hours of day sleep -- there are some sample routines here you might look at chronological EASY samples, 10-12 months

How is he waking from that first nap?  It almost sounds like an overtired nap to me, I'm wondering if you reduced your A time a bit if you'd get a better nap from him.  If he's waking at 7 am and doesn't settle for a nap until 11, that's 4 hours of A time, which is quite a bit for his age. 

Is he settling independently for nap/nights or are you helping him there? 

Offline tiredmummylee

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 04:05:16 am »
I find it really hard cause I work part time and he has not much of a routine on those days. I have school drop off and pick up aswell so I just can't seem to get timings right. He won't go to sleep on his own he cries and cries so I just sit next to the cott till he falls asleep. Sometimes he needs my hand on him to fall asleep both day and night. He wakes up sits and then stands and is really wide awake! I must be missing a tired sign. Hes never been much of a day sleeper. He's really tired though just like me!

Offline *Kara*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
Re: 10 Month old NOT SLEEEEPING!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 04:19:13 am »
I'm gonna go against the grain and suggest that he is in the early stages of the 2-1... have a look at this:
10/ 11mo sleep gone wonky? Read this first!

I suspect he is in an UT/OT loop - he takes a nap that he is UT for in the morning and then ends up OT as the day goes on... and it festers as NWing.

The residual OT could be the main reason he won't settle independently too...

What do you think?

As for A times, 4 hrs is actually average at 10 months... and creeps closer to 4.5 hrs at 11 months :)