Author Topic: Several Night Wakings but only 1 B/F  (Read 1015 times)

Offline Anthea01Charlie

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Who's a little nudie?
Several Night Wakings but only 1 B/F
« on: January 12, 2007, 04:16:32 am »
Hi everyone!  Can anyone tell me why after several weeks of PU/PD my LO still wakes at night? I fell into the trap of feeding every time she woke (she's a big bub).  About 4 weeks ago, I started PU/PD and this worked really well, it only took 3 days to be able to re-settle with a re-swaddle and paci.  Then the habitual waking started so I did W2S.  This was great for the first night but didn't seem to work on the second or third night, so have given up on that ??? It is great that it only takes a minuet to get her re-settled, but would be even better if I didn't have to get up at all ;D
I normally feed her around 1.30am and this normally gets her thru till 5am, where I either re-swaddle or nappy change if needed till 7am.  So I guess its the early part of the night that is giving me grief ::)

If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them.  The people and posts from this fantastic site have already helped me get thru the feeding all night issues  :'(  Now to learn how to deal with this next curve ball :D
~Anthea~
Mum to Charlie born 05/07/2006

Offline Anthea01Charlie

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Who's a little nudie?
Re: Several Night Wakings but only 1 B/F
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 00:06:55 am »
Thanks for your reply. She is 6mths.  DH and I were discussing the fact that she may be waking so we can replace the paci.  It is a part of her bed time routine  :-\ Oh, oh have I done some accidental parenting? I thought using the paci to go to sleep was OK . . . hmmm, so hard to know whats right!
I don't think its hunger as she isn't even really awake when she calls out.  The 1 B/F a night is more for my benefit I think.  So I guess its time to get rid of the paci and use PU/PD by itself.  I can feel a long few nights ahead  :'(
~Anthea~

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 00:17:33 am »
Using the paci to go to sleep is ok as long as you are willing to do the replacing. They become props at least eventually.

Just wanted to add too that wake to sleep takes at least three days to show results, so you might consider trying that again and sticking with it before you go to PU/PD. Just a thought.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline Anthea01Charlie

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Who's a little nudie?
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 04:44:31 am »
Not willing to replace paci  :( but the longer I leave her, the whinge turns into a cry.  So I guess I was rushing in to prevent the cry.  Oh, there are just so many things that you should, and shouldn't do. . . .
Last night was terrible. Our Angel baby turned into a Spirited / Grumpy baby!  When she woke,we used PU/PD and she went for 1 1/2 hours before DH couldn't take it any more and gave her the paci  :'( Such a waste of all that hard work.

Jessica, thanks for the reminder that it takes at least 3 days for W2S to work.  Will give that another go for the next few nights.
Stacy, its good to know that paci to fall asleep is OK.  Was dreading getting rid of it as she falls asleep with in minuets when we use it :)
~Anthea~