Author Topic: mango  (Read 857 times)

Offline SylvieA

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 27
mango
« on: August 25, 2006, 12:37:17 pm »
I was just wondering how you've all prepared mango. do you steam or cook them first or just do a puree and then freeze. DS loves them in jars but trying to get away from baby food jars, he likes thicker and lumpier foods. And would you know of a good mango comdo.
Another question. I made some peas and rice yesterday. The peas were frozen, can I refreeze cooked peas. TIA
Miguel-November 2005
Zoe-August 2008

Offline tiki_mama

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Re: mango
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 12:55:13 pm »
As long as the mango is ripe you can just puree/chop it without cooking. I freeze it too and it keeps really well  :)

I've refrozen foods that were originally frozen. Like if I make some fresh veg mixed with frozen peas or corn i then refreeze it and it's fine, just doen't refeeze any leftovers  ;)

Offline Fiona (Leah & Kians Mom)

• Showing Appreciation 84
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 18:57:03 pm »
Yes if mango is ripe you can just puree and freeze. I add to plain unsweetened yogurt for dd. You can also add to savoury dishes. When I was trying to introduce chicken she was having none of it and despite having all home cooked food she would eat heinz chicken with apricot and mango, so I made chicken stew and added mango and a spoon of yogurt, she loved it! Only took a few days and she would have the chicken on it's own. For her yogurt I mix it with pear, melon, peach or apricot or apple or just on its own, 2 cubes of mango to 170g of yogurt.

Offline TJ & Stephy's Mommy

• Showing Appreciation 17
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 05:18:58 am »
I've refreezed cooked puree peas, the baby food recipe book (by Annabel Karmel) that I'm using says that you can refreeze frozen peas.

Offline KathrynK

• spends far too much time on here
  • Showing Appreciation 171
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 08:38:03 am »
Annabel Karmel actually says buying frozen veggies is a good idea as they are frozen right after picking so have more nutritional content than "fresh" veg which has travelled possible hundreds/ thousands of miles and sat on a shelf slowly wilting- I keep big bags in the freezer so it is easy to make more purees when I'm running low- and she says it's fine to refreeze once cooked!
]

Offline SylvieA

• Showing Appreciation 27
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 12:55:28 pm »
Hi
Thanks everyone for your replies. Very helpfull.
Miguel-November 2005
Zoe-August 2008