Author Topic: Naps on the go  (Read 742 times)

Offline MarsMomma

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 17, 2014, 00:33:43 am »
Hi,

Naps are going pretty well with my 10-week-old. They're a little short, but consistent and he goes down in his crib well. I'm just wondering what to do about maintaining his nap schedule when we're out of the house. Right now I feel like I'm trapped at home and unable to bring him anywhere because I don't know what I'll do when he gets tired. He doesn't just fall asleep anywhere like he used to -- he will sleep in his crib or his sling, and that's pretty much it. And when he's tired, he's CRANKY. All I can think of is to bring my sling, and let him sleep in that during his "nap." Would that disrupt our routine too much? Any advice? I'm jealous of friends who are bringing their babies with them all over the place!

Offline katie80

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 220
Re: Naps on the go
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 04:14:17 am »
If he sleeps in the sling, use it! :) I stayed home much of the time with my DD for not wanting to ruin her routine (even though she was a short napper from 3-6mo anyway! :P), but had to be more flexible with both my DSs. DS1 would reliably sleep in the wrap, often a full nap up til about 4/5mo (then he'd only do 45/60min, but that was enough to get by). DS2 will sleep in the car seat and wrap, but only for 30ish min (but again, it gets us by until we're home again). This has never hindered their independent sleeping ability at home. So... I'd go for it. It will be so nice to be able to get out, even for just a few times a week! :)