Author Topic: is she normal  (Read 1152 times)

Offline Jyates

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
is she normal
« on: October 04, 2006, 13:07:47 pm »
hi my dd only has 2 bottles a day one before her breakfast and one at bedtime, She only drinks about 5 oz in the morning then has 8 0z at bedtime. She has done this since she was about 8 months she is 10 now and I have always struggled to get the quota of 20oz a day into her. She seems happy on just the 2 bottles but am I doing right as I tried giving her a third which she point blanked refused.
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
Re: is she normal
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 13:12:00 pm »
I don't know if its "normal" But my DD was the same. We switched her to whole milk at her doctors ergeing to increase her liquide intake.
Kimberly

Offline Jyates

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 13:15:52 pm »
do you think i should talk to the doctor about her very little intake of milk then as before I mentioned it to the Health visitor and she didn't seem to be worried??

[/url]

Offline ella&jack'smum

• Showing Appreciation 54
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 13:19:19 pm »
I think if your LO is taking in plenty of other fluids, has a healthy appetite at mealtimes, has plenty of wet nappies and is gaining weight then there is no problem. But if you're concerned about any of the things I mentioned, then by all means consult your dr.

My 1st was a milk guzzler for 18 mos, my 2nd really started to go off it around 10 mos, but as he was gaining weight and eating well I didn't worry about it.
Sue

Ella Rose 07/09/02
Jack Rowan 15/03/04
Stratford upon Avon, England

Offline Lªuren

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 13:59:01 pm »
Are you offering other foods that contain milk and calcium to make up for the lack of oz?

My HV said that as long as he took a pint (600ml/20oz) of milk both in his bottles and other foods I offered then this was OK.

As PP's have suggested, if you are in any way unsure please contact your HV or doctor. We can only offer you advise based on our own experiences.

Lauren  :D
Lauren x

Offline Kimberly®

• Showing Appreciation 126
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 18:42:05 pm »
AS long as she's having enough wet diapers, has enough calcium and is triving I wouldn't worry. We had to act because DD was getting dehydrated. You can talk to your doctor, but more then likly your LO is just enjoying having more solids.
Kimberly

Offline * Paula *

• Showing Appreciation 426
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006, 20:09:22 pm »
Our HV also suggested 600ml per day, and that can include milk in cereal, yogurts, cheeses etc.

My DS has also never been much of a milk drinker, and usually only takes about 5oz in the morning, has 4oz with his cereal, has yogurts, cheese, some times custard during the day and a 9oz bottle in the evening.

Our HV also said that you cannot force them to drink their milk, and that if they are not taking as much as they should, then to start using it in Mash Potatos, custards, yogurts etc.

HTH

Paula x
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007

Offline Jyates

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 08:28:50 am »
I offer my dd cheese yoghurts fromage frais and dairy lea she has the rest of her morning bottle in her ceareals in the morning. But in all she has about 18oz sometimes more a day.....She drinks water and juice no problem....must have nearly 2 cups of fluids through out the day

[/url]

Offline lisamichel

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2006, 15:02:51 pm »
I have the same problem with my DD,  She is about 9 1/2 months and she will only usually drink maybe -on a good day - 15oz if Im lucky but usually she only drinks 2 bottles (4-5 oz each) and then her sippy cup at daycare (3-5oz for the entire 8 hour day) -    But just recently someone gave me the idea to flavor the formula!   They suggested chocolate powdered mix,  but I didnt want to add any sugar or anything so what I have tried is adding vanilla extract to the formula,  It seems to be working!!!  My DD drank almost 24oz of formula yesterday!!!!!  She actually drank a 7oz bottle which has never happened before!    She actually slept through the night too!!!!  I just added about a quarter teaspoon to 6oz of formula and she really seemed to like it.    So at least I havent added really anything extra to the formula except flavor!!!!!  We only have about 2 1/2 months left on formula -  so I really cant wait until we get to just plain old whole milk!!!!!    Hope this helps      Lisa