Author Topic: 8.5 month old totally done w/ baby food  (Read 1559 times)

Offline mezzogirl

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 17, 2005, 20:02:03 pm »
so, she will take cereal in the morning, but the rest of the day ONLY wants finger foods. I am okay with this except i worry she is not getting enough.  she used to eat a whole stage 3 jar of veggies or 2 stage 2 for lunch and then cereal and babyfood for dinner. now she wants FROZEN waffles. i tried the stage three pasta jars...wouldnt eat them off a sppon only if she could pick them up.

so is it time for tablefood. and i just trust she is eating what she needs to still sleep and be healthy.

my ds would eat babyfood clear up to a year old....and TONS of it..no problems...so her refusing it so early sort of concerned me...

i know NO honey, or peanut butter..but pretty much everything else is game...we don't cook with a lot of extra salt, little if any, so i am thinking our 'food' is good for her just mashed or torn into little pieces, yes???
"Delight thyself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart" Psalms 37: 4

Offline Schae

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
8.5 month old totally done w/ baby food
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 22:53:41 pm »
I say 'yes'. My son is nearly 9 months, and we've just started him on the same food we eat. I don't see the problem if she can handle it.
If she's gaining weight by eating only finger foods, then I don't see a problem.

Sounds like your lo knows exactly what she wants.  :D
Proud mama to
Luka 22 Feb 2010 Textbook/Spirited
Tiisetso 18 Sep 2010 Textbook/Touchy
and three little angels

Offline mattandcindy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 18
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 23:17:22 pm »
Abigail is the same way, she only wants what we eat. We are careful in our preparation and then just put it all in the food processor or tear pieces up for her. She feels like such a "big" girl when she gets to eat food off our plates. She loves it!
Cindy

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
8.5 month old totally done w/ baby food
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 01:46:03 am »
My dd was the same way...would not eat pureed foods.  Seriously, the most I would get in her was a stage 1 of something (once in a GREAT while she took more) so I offered table/finger foods.  Can she ever eat!!!  A lot of times more than her 3 year old brother  :shock:   Here's a list I've posted in other threads:

Personally I love it - she has fed herself since!!!  So much less time consuming  and leaves my more "available" and with a 3 year old, I'll take all I can get!!

This was at around 8months:

Scrambled eggs (we do use the whites) I also add Salsa
Waffles
Wheat Bread
Pasta
Ham
Salmon
Cottage Cheese
Regular Cheese (I also do grilled cheese sanwiches)
Beans (green and brown)
Peas
Carrots
Broccoli
Spinach
Kiwi
Canteloupe
Peaches
Banana
Blueberries
Cheerios

We've since added chicken (put in the crock pot, it practically melts in the mouth, let me know if you want the recipe...it's sooooo simple).
Venison sausage (we make it ourselves, it's 100% vension, very moist so easy for her to eat)
corn
Pizza
Potatoes
Celery
Pears
graham crackers
ritz crackers
raisins (very soft ones cut in half)
grapes (peeled and quartered)
White fish
Sweet potato
Tuna (I do tuna sandwiches too)
Chili with kidney and pinto beans
Hamburger
Tofu (she's not too fond of this though)
chicken nuggets
fish sticks
pancakes
french toast
breakfast sausage

I have a good spinach /pasta recipe too if you're intersted - my kids just eat it up!!!
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline mezzogirl

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 03:20:07 am »
i would love the recipes and thanks to all who posted. in my gut i figured it was okay, but wanted to make sure i wasn't jumping the gun. 

i think she hsa been watching her big brother too and is like 'he is eating yummy food, why not me". plus he shares quiet a big.
"Delight thyself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart" Psalms 37: 4