Author Topic: What's more important - what he eats or that he does?  (Read 747 times)

Offline Wiki

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
What's more important - what he eats or that he does?
« on: September 08, 2006, 18:57:20 pm »
At 8.5 months, weaning is still going nowhere on meat & vege with Caspar. He will have bread, toast, pitta bread, rice crackers, any type of fruit & yoghurt - but nothing homemade on the savoury front, I end up eating everything I make him, myself!

The crazy thing is, he tonight ate a whole 125g jar of Hipp Organic Cottage Pie and the same (!) of their apple & blueberry dessert and then drank 1.5oz at bedtime (not so good) and has passed out as he's so tired.
Normal milk intake is 26oz or so as I can't get him to drop a feed, although today it was about 17oz...

So don't know whether to stick with only homemade savoury food, and have him eat nothing, or go with the savouries from a jar (this makes 3 jar varieties he likes) and do all my own fruit. I don't have anything against jars, but it would be nice and easy to have him eat table food.

Don't know what's more important, that he eats jars he likes to get used to meals, or I persist with homemade that he doesn't really like at the moment........argh! What matters most at this age?

Vic

Offline Fiona (Leah & Kians Mom)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
Re: What's more important - what he eats or that he does?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 19:05:55 pm »
At this age dd would eat all pureed veg but no chicken or meat stew, she would however eat the occasional jar food stew. Heinz do a chicken and apricot one, so one day I added pureed apricot, didn't go down very well, next day added apricot and a spoon of natural yougurt,she loved it, continued on from there and eventuall cut out yogurt and fruit, actually did this quickly so as not to get her too used to the taste. You can try what you would think to be weird concoctions. Also at this age dd did no finger food so you are doing really well.
Fiona

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 03:17:07 am »
Try combining the the homemade with the jar food and slowly decrease the amount of jar food until it is all homemade and he is happy eating it.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline Wiki

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 12:37:46 pm »
Thanks guys. DH was able to help him eat lunch with me today, and he would have chicken as finger food for the first time! He also LOVES that Heinz Chicken & Apricot, and also the cheesy spinach and potato by Hipp...I guess those would be easy to mix with homemade food........