Author Topic: Please help! Almost 5 month nw around 4  (Read 5313 times)

Offline *Kara*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
Re: Please help! 4month 2weeks old baby boy frequent night wakings
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2012, 22:19:57 pm »
Just want to add in that formula will not make baby sleep better or longer than EBM.  Breastmilk does digest faster (about 60 mins) but formula is digested in about 90 mins... not exactly hours longer to ensure more sleep ;)

If he is doing well with the EBM, stick with it. 

Offline Eleanorz

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Please help! 4month 2weeks old baby boy frequent night wakings
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2012, 17:41:55 pm »
An update on yesterday - I tried to feed every 4 hours only. Below are the feeds.

440am 160ml
915am 150ml
1300pm 160ml
1700pm 160ml
1930-2030 280ml
1130 df 140ml
Total 1050ml

As you can see the exception is the feed before bed time, I was trying to get him drink
 as much as possible, make sense or it was not good?

As to the nws, last night was better than the day before yesterday.
1. Fussed at 954 and I used pacifier and he went back to sleep.
2. After the df, he fussed at 1229 and 128, I think it was due to gas. I burped him in both cases.
3. He woke up around 430, and started talking to himself happilly and loudly. This was something new. He recently developed habit to " talk". I fed him (he drank 120ml) and changed the diaper and he went back to sleep.
4. Fussed at 636, and I used pacifier to get him back to sleep.

This morning I lost track of time as I was too tired, I woke up around 840 and I woke him up at 9 instead of normal wu time at 8.

This morning I fed him around 1030, he took 180ml and then had a nap around 1 hour.

I need your advice on the following:

1. Regarding feeding time, do I need to feed at the same time everyday? I know ideally I shall feed after he wakes up , but he is just not interested in eating after getting up. Also unless I feed right after he gets up, it can't be every 4 hours for every feed.

2. Regarding df, although I burped him after feeding, because he is in deep sleep, he usually won't burp. But the gas is still there and will cause nws later. Will it be better I cancel the df, and feed around 2am or whenever he woke up and then feed again at 8? I just don't want to interrupt his sleep.

3. I normally wake up him at 8, but is it ok if he is still sleeping  at 8, I let him wake up naturally but get him up by 9 for sure and then do a shorter nap in the morning? Will it affect his bed time or get him confused ?

Thanks

Offline Bex09

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 69
  • My world xx
Re: Please help! Almost 5 month nw around 4
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2012, 21:04:16 pm »
Hi, so sorry that your reply has been missed on here. How are things going now? Have you managed to stick to the 4 hr feeds in the day and how are your nights?