Author Topic: Can I ask for any advice- 3 month old  (Read 922 times)

Offline michellebug1234

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 03, 2006, 19:09:14 pm »
Hi
I am starting to feel at wits end with my little one. We have been trying to get her to sleep every night. We start trying at 9:30 -10 pm and we cluster feed before that. We have just started a bed time routine of bath, play and then feed and put down.
She is going to sleep but then wakes up at 1-2 to feed again and I end up falling asleep with her on the sofa. She then feeds at about 5 and then about 7:30. I am just going to start trying the EASY schedule but does anyone have any other tips for getting her back into her crib at that 2 am feeding?
I don't turn on any lights or the tv becasue I don't want to wake her up. But then it is so quiet and dark combined with being overtired I fall asleep in minutes.
I have tried nursing her in bed once but she just got really frustrated and I haven't tried again.
Any advice or things I could be trying would be appreciated.
Thanks
Michelle

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Can I ask for any advice- 3 month old
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 20:46:17 pm »
i never had any luck with nursing in bed either  :?

i found that getting my kids on a routine made all the difference in the world.  i also tried to provide cues to them whenever possible.  during the day, i would talk to them, expose them to sunlight and whatnot.  then, during night feeds i wouldn't make eye contact or turn on any lights or anything.  (we had problems with confusing days & nights  :wink: )

i was cluster feeding i think around 5pm, 7pm, and 9pm around 3 months old , and that helped carry them farther at night. 

dunno what to tell you about sleeping on the sofa... maybe set a soft timer to remind you to put he rback to bed???
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline estherofi20

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 158
  • my gorgeous babies
Can I ask for any advice- 3 month old
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 23:47:22 pm »
what used to work for me was putting an alarm clock, the only ligth was in the bathroom and i never spoke to him in that 1 or 2 am feed ( he has stopped taking this feed about two weeks ago.  :D I was abble to stop this feeding with a paci), that's what I am also doing at 4 or 5 am now, although i do change his diper. On probably two or three nigths he fussed a bit when i put him in the crib, but now he knows i dont play or talk at this hour. Hope this helps :lol: