Author Topic: suddenly waking every 1 1/2 to 2 hours...  (Read 1003 times)

Offline mommyof2boys

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
suddenly waking every 1 1/2 to 2 hours...
« on: September 25, 2005, 22:15:00 pm »
Perhaps I shouldn't be panicking as this has only happened once (last night), but I need to keep my night sleep going well in order to face the day with a toddler and a 6 1/2 week old!   :)

Last night my little guy ate at 7, went to sleep, and I awoke him for a df at 9:30.  He was REALLY hard to wake up, but eventually did.  He slept 4 hours, till 1:30, with is a bit shorter than he can do but still within the realm of his normal.  Anyway, I fed him then, but then he awoke again at 3.  His arm had come out of his swaddle, so I re-swaddled and fed again (he wasn't hungry; this was just so I could go back to bed as I was pooped!).  Then he woke up again at 5, then again 5:45, then about 6:45 ... grrr!!  I fed him each time as I just wanted some rest, but do NOT want to make that a habit.

He did pass some gas when I went into him at least a few of the times... but it didn't seem more than normal.  Anyone have any ideas?

BTW, for 3 days before this we were struggling with 40 minute naps.  Yesterday was better but then of course the night was screwed up...

Any input would be much appreciated.
mommy of Graham--August 10, 2005
mommy of Bennett--January 30,2003

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
suddenly waking every 1 1/2 to 2 hours...
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 23:48:48 pm »
At 6.5 weeks old, he is doing what is normal... he will probably have nights like that, but if it is just one night, from my experience it tends to come & go. Although if he isn't really hungry try not to feed him as that IS how you will get more wakings.

Has he had a growth spurt? he may actually be having his 6 week one & need to feed more often

I know how hard it is with a toddler & a small baby, but it is really important to look at the big picture & not one night's sleep.

I also notice you df at 9.30, given he goes to bed at 7pm (I'm assuming last feed just before) I think you need to make it a bit later for it to be effective
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05