Author Topic: 2 yrs old - trying to wean off from the bottle  (Read 939 times)

Offline admitchell

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
2 yrs old - trying to wean off from the bottle
« on: May 18, 2009, 19:50:38 pm »
I feel so bad. My dd is 2 yeas old. She drinks water from a sippy but refuses to drink her milk from anything else but the bottle. Cow's milk (we give it to her from time to time but not much as she reacts with rush sometimes) can be from an open cup, juice as well but not her milk. Yesterday I decided I will try a new sippy for her milk. She still drinks it first thing in the morning, before nap and at bedtime. No luck. Today, the same story. At bedtime she was crying her eyes out to get her milk. It's 21:45 and she's still not asleep calling either me or dh and asking for her milk but refusing the sippy. Milk is still an important part of her diet. Actually she has a phase of not eating much, not liking what she liked etc. So I'm really worried that she doesn't get much food these days. She is already very slim. Maybe going cold turkey wasn't a good idea? I read some posts were parents report even two weeks without milk. I definitely wouldn't be able to take it. What is the alternative? Should I start with one drinking session? Or maybe it's better to offer her a choice of sippy or straw (I tried the straw - not much luck although better than the sippy).
I need advice!
thanks
Agata
Agata

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: 2 yrs old - trying to wean off from the bottle
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 23:07:24 pm »
Bumping up for you :)
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline admitchell

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: 2 yrs old - trying to wean off from the bottle
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 16:11:49 pm »
Thanks a lot, it makes a lot of sense! I would never look at it this way. Well, I have to think how to change the routine and probably wait as we have just started potty training.
Agata
Agata