Author Topic: sudden early waker,tips needed!  (Read 836 times)

Offline Liz R

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
sudden early waker,tips needed!
« on: February 16, 2006, 08:31:30 am »
HI,
I swore that if Jake ever slept through I would never moan about an early morning.........however............
After weeks of Jake waking between 6.45 to 7.30 am he has suddenly over the last week, started waking week at anytime from 5.30am to 6am. He always used to be happy to play in his cot for about 20mins, but now he wakes screaming, and will not settle unless I go in. :o Is it possible he is scared because it's darker than he usually finds it?
It's not a hunger thing, because as soon as he gets up, he's all smiley,and will happily wait 45 mins or so before his bottle.
Nothing else has really changed, although he is cutting a top incisor.Also he cried at a stranger who tried to hold his hand yesterday, so I am thinking sep/anxiety is setting in

Chloe 18/07/1994 Angel
Ellie   18/11/1997 Spirited
Jacob 09/07/2005 Spirited

Offline mk2005

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: sudden early waker,tips needed!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 19:17:20 pm »
My 9 month dd is going through exactly the same. She used to wake between 7 & 8am ... all of a sudden she went to 6.20-6.30am ... and this morning woke at 5.50!!!

I ignore her calls until 6.30 ... I don't want her to think its okay to be waking so early... sometimes she goes back to sleep for another 10mins or so but most the time she just keeps calling! Sorry I have no ideas on how to fix this problem ... perhaps we need to adjust our day time routines??