Author Topic: Illness and getting back on track  (Read 791 times)

Offline AndreaGr

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: December 24, 2015, 08:36:58 am »
My lo is 6.5months old. She has always been a great sleeper and able to sooth herself to sleep. However we recently traveled for Christmas holidays and she picked up her first real bad flu. She is starting to be on the mend however has continued multiple wake ups at night. Prior to this I would only dream feed her around 12:30/1am and she would sleep from 6:45pm-730am. She is now waking at 11:30,2:30,4:30am and sometimes staying awake for an hour at a time. I have given her Tylenol at some of these wake ups as she is still very congested and coughing (also teething at present). Any suggestions to help get rid of these night wakings?
Her easy is:
A-7:30am
S-9:45/10
A-11:30
S-2
A-3:30
Bedtime start6:15
S-7
(She has dropped her catnap at dinner and will refuse it every time now)

Please any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Illness and getting back on track
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 13:44:41 pm »
Do you think it's something other than being congested and teething that's waking her? I'd be a bit loathe to change much with that going on as that's enough reason to be waking really  :-\ if the wakings persist once she's properly better you could try tweaking the routine a touch - I'd be tempted to try to push her first 2 A times a touch longer just to even up the day a bit and give her a touch shorter awake before bedtime, so more like WU 7.30, naps 10.30-12 and 3-4.30, with BT 7.30pm, but as I said I'd wait for her to be properly better first x