Author Topic: So much wind that we can generate electercity for the whole country!!  (Read 6629 times)

Offline prana

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: So much wind that we can generate electercity for the whole country!!
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2010, 08:49:01 am »
i had a question on poo (sorry)- what color of poo is normal for a bottle fed baby. After looking at the pics, i realised that LO has a greenish and a bit of yellow with mustard seeds. whe i had asked the doc about t, he said that the green color is because of probiotics in formula. is that correct?

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2010, 09:01:31 am »
It can be - both my babies had dark green poo on the Easy Digest formula they were on and that's normal for that formula. Formula poo does tend to be a different coulor from BF poo and it can be firmer.

What did you decide about the ranitadine? What dose have you been prescribed - how heavy is your LO?

Laura

Offline prana

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2010, 12:44:11 pm »
Ok an update- had her checked up by a GI consultant today. He reckons its a Milk protein allergy that is causing so much wind. He recommended as you suggested Zantac 1ml twice a day. And to change the make of HA to aptamil HA. SOmehow aptamil has been hydrolysed better. If things don't improve in 10 days then he suggested endescopy purly because of my medical history. Whilst pregnant, I was on low dose of steroids, and also anti histamines as I have have an immune system disorder. He reckons because I was on so much drug whilst she was in womb, that it has led her to have gastrentitis(sp??).

She weighs 5kg now.

I so hope that it works. Very very bad night and morning. After every feed she has been howling so much.  Not sure if it was teeth pain or stomach pain! We have been up since 3am! Thank god my older one slept through despite the loud cry!

And oh he recommended against solids!!!

Offline LizzieN

• Showing Appreciation 143
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2010, 23:33:40 pm »
Oh sweetheart I am glad that you have someone on your side now but I am sorry to hear that your paed does think an endoscopy might be necessary!  We had one with DS when he was 18 months old and tbh it wasn't too bad, the docs and nurses were VERY reassuring and they brought him to before I saw him so the first I heard was him crying (relief!)...

I hope that the new HA formula works, my DS went onto an elemental formula for some time to rule out MSPI and he took that well even though he was older, so you do still have formula options :)

Also happy your paed said no to solids.  I think there is quite a bit of research that suggests against early intro, especially in babies with reflux due to the possibility of allergies and exacerbating the pain. 

For teeth pain (which will make the reflux flare btw) don't give neurofen (ibuprofen) as it is not very gentle on refluxers tummies (if bub ever has a high temp that paracetamol won't hold down then it's ok to use, but only on rare occasions), try some paracetamol and see if it helps xx

More hugs sweetheart, keep us updated on how you are going xox  Oh and there is a chat group of reflux mummies over on the reflux site, you should join, lots of lovely and clever mummies there:  http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=174117.0

xxLizzie

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline prana

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2010, 12:05:12 pm »
A very daft question- what is MSPI??? I really hope we don't get to the endescopy stage though :-(

Offline LizzieN

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2010, 12:06:52 pm »
Sorry sweetie Milk Soy Protein Intolerance :)

Offline *Liz*

• Showing Appreciation 394
  • Living beyond
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2010, 13:31:38 pm »
That is a great idea - come and join us on the support thread for reflux and milk allergies.

My windy DD has been diagnosed with the same this week.

((hugs))

Offline prana

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2010, 13:25:37 pm »
I was wondering do you guys do the dream feed?? Last night I gave her the dream feed at 10.30. She burped 2 good ones but in an hrs time she was awake again for 3 hrs because the wind from teh last feed had started to trouble her. Just wondering if its worth disturbing her as she sleeps beautifully after bath time.

Offline *Liz*

• Living beyond
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2010, 13:49:30 pm »
Nah - I don't bother - it is just too much bother as if she does a bad feed it will just stuff the whole night up. I find Megan sleeps until somewhere between 12 and 2 without a DF so if I go to sleep at 9pm ish I can pretty much guarantee a 3 hr stretch of sleep for me, and then I just deal with what happens after that.

Offline LizzieN

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2010, 00:24:21 am »
Same here, no DFs as they will just muck things up and tbh was always too concerned about DFing a refluxer who might vomit milk up whilst asleep!
xx

Offline prana

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2010, 14:17:39 pm »
Have started her on the new formula and zantac. She seemed to have developed some kind of redness on her eye! IS that something I need to worry about or is that related to teething?? I hope not a side effect of zantac :-(

Offline *Liz*

• Living beyond
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2010, 14:32:37 pm »
No it isn't a side effect of Zantac - and redness in one eye isn't teething either.

You might need to get that checked out honey  :-* :-*

Offline prana

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2010, 14:40:00 pm »
If it doesn't settle by tomorrow will do another trip to the paed! God man I do hope all this ends soon. The poor baby is going through so much all at the same time!

Offline LizzieN

« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2010, 11:28:42 am »
Hope our LOs eye is better soon xx

Offline prana

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2010, 11:20:53 am »
No redness anymore. It seems like she had rubbed it hard and i hadn't cut her nails so that was what was causing the redness. thank god for that. i like simple solutions like these ones.

5 days into Zantac. The spitting seems to have calmed down. The new formula seems good but still we have the wind issue. She still has a lot of it which takes over 2 to 3 hours to come out. I am still tempted to think that she associates sleeps to wind and after her 45 min cycle, the wind seems to bother her and so she burps when i pick her up. Working really hard to extend her lunch time nap today. Has woken up 3 times after her 45 min cycle and when I picked her up no burp came out.  So did shhh patt last time. She has been asleep for the last 10 min now. Hopefully, she will last another cycle!

Liz I hope your LO is ok. Its so nice ti have support here isn't it!