Author Topic: Don't know what to do about DH & LO's feeding - need book suggestions for info  (Read 939 times)

Offline BareFootMomma

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
DD is 17 months old, and is a pretty picky eater. She absolutely refuses to eat meat of any kind, and mostly just wants corn, peas, crackers, beans, olives, blueberries, pasta, scrambled eggs(sometimes), and sometimes green beans. Yeah, thats about it. I have not been making a big deal out of it, I just put something new on her tray at every meal and the rule has been that she has to try it. I keep hoping she will decide she likes something new.....but it hasn't happened in a while.

So today DH decided that we are going to offer her one thing and if she doesn't eat it she gets it for the next meal and the next and the next....you get the point. He says she can still have her sides of veggies and fruits but that if she finishes those and is still hungry she has to eat the thing on her plate.

Personally I think she is too young to understand this rule. I don't want her to just go hungry for days every time we give her a new food, or anytime she doesn't want her cereal/eggs/waffles for breakfast, which is basically every day. DH doesn't care, this is the rule he remembers at his house so it is what he thinks is best.

Can you suggest any good books or websites (besides this one) I can read (and quote to him) about feeding toddlers? DH is really against any information I get from people online so I need an different source.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 23:57:11 pm by Canwi »
Brittany, Kaylee 7/22/09, ^Cadence^ 8/3/11 (stillborn with T21 at 34.5 weeks), Alexis & Courtney 8/28/12 - Read about our little family at http://therixmix.blogspot.com

Offline Love, laughter, & PJs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 152
  • Formerly kmk512
I don't remember his techniques exactly, but I browsed this book at the library one day and thought it looked pretty great.  Might be worth a look.  (In fact, I should get it myself!) http://www.drgreene.com/parentpicks/2010/10/27/feeding-baby-green
*Kate*