Author Topic: Need some help  (Read 863 times)

Offline twogirlsmommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • aka Brennasmommy
« on: January 09, 2011, 23:10:59 pm »
So dd is 18 months old and basically each meal is a guessing game as to what she will eat and what she won't.  Tonight she was served meatballs and carrots (both of which she likes) and screamed the bloody house down until I took her out of the high chair.  She calmed down walked back to the high chair and I asked if she was ready to eat and she said yes.  So put her back in chair and offered her some carrots and 1 piece of meatball and the whining began again till I offered her yogurt and she at that.  So for dinner tonight she had yogurt.  I feel like every day the foods she is eating is getting less and less.  The only source of protein she eats right now is a scrambled egg and the only veggies she ate were the orange ones and now she is refusing those!  Can I have some advice and some recipes for muffins and smoothies (I have never made a smoothie) to ate least try and get some nutrition in her.  I am pretty sure the canine teeth are messing with us also. I feel like such a failure :(

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 23:22:09 pm »
{{{{hugs}}}}}. I think those pesky teeth are what's causing you the bother and you are Definately not a failure so be kind to yourself xx

I'd just keep offering her meals and not make a big deal if she eats them or not. Could you offer her some softer foods more often...like eggs, fruit purees etc, things that aren't likely to annoy her wee gums. Soup is popular here. My normally amazing eater has been living on soup and bread, fruit and yogurts for a few weeks as she is getting incisors and back molars all at once. I'm still offering usual meals but she's not interested. Oh porridge is a hit rather than harder cereals. HTH xx

Offline nelliestar

• Showing Appreciation 7
  • Growing Up
Re: Need some help
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 22:15:43 pm »
Hugs! Sorry you are having a rough time with this.

I also feel like we have a limited diet for DS. And I get so worked up when he doesn't eat something I know he likes!! Its hard to stay calm and pretend it doesn't matter isn't it? ;)

Shiv gave great advice as usual and thats what I am doing at the moment. Hope things get better for you xxxxx
Bram Robert Reilly Con Fitzsimmons...Born 22/12/08
Angel/textbook....now with added spirit!
Our Happy Little Monkey xxxxx