Author Topic: A time!  (Read 11695 times)

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2014, 08:10:18 am »
Hello there,

I lo did wake up at 6,30 at 10.30 sleep, she only slept 30 minutes with an awake time of 4 hours ???

Then I brought her to bed at 2,15 she slept 1,5, I didn't wait again that long  because she almost did not sleep, then she slept 1,15 hours.

I seems that the awake time doesn't matter  ??? Or not.

We had today a terrible night, she did wake up at 9,45 at 12.00 she was still crying. Then again from 3 till 5, omg we are going crazy over here.

What is this, still no teeth then she sleep 2 or 3 days normal. If we leave room she begins crying. Pick up and put down doesn't work and is so tyring I mean she weighs 9 kilos.

If we put here in our rooms she plays and talks, we have to wait till she calm down then bring her back and then she will sleep, this take also 2 hours. We don't now what to do.

She was also awake between 6 and 8, but then she begins talking and sleeping so I left her in her bed.

Don't now what to do with naps, because she also did sleep bad in the night.

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: A time!
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2014, 12:42:10 pm »
Hiya, 30mins naps tend to signal OT. I'd reduce that back to 3hrs 45mins. As she had an OT first nap, that second nap was obviously a good time to put her back down as she slept longer. Am I reading right that she then had a third nap?

If she did have a third nap perhaps last night was UT wakings? If not, it does sound like teething or developmental. It's a case of medicating, seeing if that helps or just riding it out until it settles down. It's horrible when they do this, but it will settle down, promise.

Personally I didn't use pu/pd. have you tried ssh/pat while keeping her in her bed? It may be that she's starting to rely on you to come and get her and let her play in your bed. In this house, that's a complete no no as it negates the fact it's sleep time. Whatever you decide to do, you must be consistent. Babies thrive on knowing exactly what they're supposed to do by your actions.

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2014, 13:27:57 pm »
Hello Kellyis,

Sorry for my late answers, I have been and am very tired. I really don't now what is going on here. Yesterday she slept in  the daytime in total 1,15 , like 30 minutes in the morning and 45 minutes in the afternoon. Sometimes she sleeps good and sometimes not. Changes a lot.

But then i put here at 18,30 in bed, she cried till 9,15, if we stay in room she plays and laughs, also if we bring her to our room, if we leave she starts crying?

Finally she fall a sleep at 9 but she cried a lot, this makes me feel a bad mother, really don't now what to do. Then again she wake up at 3.00 in the morning, we pick her up and bring her to our room, because she otherways stays crying, then if she is calm we bring her back, the 3third  time we brought her back and she went to sleep, this all took like 1,5 hour in the night. This is now the 4 week we are in this, and then she maybe sleeps  1 or 2 days good in the night and then 2 bad. Of course if she sleeps this bad she wakes up at 8, then she sleeps at 10.30 for 1,20 minutes, she is so tired if she has this crazy nights, i really can't make her a longer  A time then.

Then she refuses to sleep in the afternoon.

She does not show anxiety in the day time? So why in the night if it is anxiety.

Tell me what you think. Is it not so that if a baby has night wakenings, she maybe needs one sleep?  If you think not, why not then? I really want to understand? Still no teeth i really don't think this is the problem. I hope you have some advice, We are so tired..... :-[ :-\

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2014, 18:18:24 pm »
Are the night wakings happening when she has short naps during the day? Is there a pattern you can see? Ie. the times she's refused the afternoon nap, are those the days she has the night wakings?

She's nearly 10mo old now isn't she? She's definitely in the prime time for when sleep goes wonky as per the link I posted previously.

I just want to say that just because she has cried does not make you a bad mother whatsoever. You are doing the best you can for her and seeing to her when she's upset. That, in my opinion, makes you a much better mother than some people out there!

It might be worth posting the last few days in easy format for me to have a look at if you can?

So wu time
Nap time
Etc etc like we did before. If you can include the night wakings too I think that'll be helpful so we can see if there's a pattern to all of this.

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2014, 14:30:58 pm »
Hello Kellys,

I will try, if i rember good;

1:

Wake up at 7.45
sleep at 10.30 1,5 hours
sleep again at 14.45  1 hour
sleep again at 19.00

Night wakenings 2 hours in the night, I think that is why she sleep more in the morning

2;

wake up 7.35

sleep 10.15 1,20 minutes she slept
sleep 14.45  slept for 45 minutes
bedtime like 19.00/19.15

Night wakenings at 20.00 for 1,5 , then at 3 again for 1,5

3;

Like the seem

4;

No nigth wakening but she doesnt sleep through the day

awake 7.45  refuses to sleep in the morning she slept at 12.30 for 1,15 and not any mores
bedtime at 6

5;

awake at 7,45
11.30 sleeps 30 minutes  14.30 sleeps 40 minutes
bedtime at 6.15

6;
awake at 7,45
sleep at 10.30 45 minutes refuse to sleep in the afternoon. Going in bed at 18.00

I mean now she doesnt wake up but she really sleeps bad through the day. I really don t understand why she is sleeping this bad. What do you think? She is now 9 months and 2,5 weeks.

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2014, 07:22:41 am »
Hi Mary,

I'm wondering if she's UT hun. For the first day you posted for example, she had two lovely naps, perfect really. However, the day was probably a little short now she's a bit older. As you said previously she wants to play for those NW's and is not easy to resettle to sleep.

The warning signals are that when she doesn't nap as well she crashes and STTN with no NW's.

I would look at increasing the A time slowly again. She's taking good naps in the am, but I'm presuming that's because she's so tired from the NW , so I'd look at increasing that one first. It will have to be done slowly to make sure she doesn't get OT. When you put her down at 11.30am on the 5th easy you mentioned, that was definitely an OT 30mins nap so we don't want to increase by that much.

How about if she wakes at 7.45am you aim for her first nap to be at 10.45am for a few days? I'd keep the second nap where it is for now. It will mean the day gets longer by 15mins.

What do you think?

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2014, 07:51:48 am »
The warning signals are that when she doesn't nap as well she crashes and STTN with no NW's.

What is STTN? You mean warning signals for ut? I'm sorry, I don't understand all your country language. Are you American? I'm from Europe.

I normally have 3 hours awake time in the morning and 3,5 in the afternoon, only put her earlier in bed because of the NW. Do you suggest to not do this if she has nightwakenings. I seems to me that if i put her like this in bed she will not be ut? You could be right about the short day, I can make it 12 hours if she wake up late, she normally goes to sleep by 7 and she is then always verry tired, so is she sleep longer i did still bring her at 7 to bed. You suggest i always give have a day of 12 hours. So if she wakes up at 7,45, go to bed 19.45.

She again slept through the night  ;D 8), woke up at 6.45, i will post later how we are doing. But how can she be UT and don 't sleep through the day, like yesterday she only slept 45 minutes!
But her earlier in bed(6,15) but she really did not catch up the lost sleepl/;.

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2014, 08:06:40 am »
Oh if i bring her to sleep at 10.45, you say keep the second nap at the same time.

So if she wake up like 12,15 (1,5) you suggest bring her at 14,30 again to sleep? but that is so close? dont you think?

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2014, 08:12:32 am »
I'm from Europe too, well the uk anyway  ;). STTN is sleeps through the night.

All I'm suggesting hun is to increase that first A by 15mins, that should lengthen your day anyway. I wouldn't increase the last A after that short nap before BT as it seems like she's falling asleep really well then. So just keep everything else as it is. I mean keep the same Length of A time between wu from first nap, then it would probably mean that nap is 15mins later too at 3pm rather than 2.45pm.

Does that make sense? Great news about last night!  :)

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2014, 09:21:24 am »
Hai,

We have now 2 days that she is awake by 6,30 or 7.00 then she, awake time 3 hours, then  awake time of 3,5, she slept both day 1 hour or 45 minutes.

How long is the awake time before bed? If she sleeps 2 hours total i put her like 18,45 in bed, if she sleep like 1 hour something by 6,15 if she sleeps longer 2,30 then 19,15, the awake time is almost every time longer then 3,5 hours.

We had no night wakenings, she only cries like 3 minutes and then sleeps again, we don't go to the room otherwise she awake and starts crying harder, but it seems like it in her sleep.

We have problems  now when we put her to sleep, if first thought she is not tired enough, but she always is almost sleeping when she drinks her milk. Also she doesn t sleep much through the day, if we are lucky it is 2 hours.

So when we put her in bed for the night, she wakes up 30 minutes later or so and starts to cry, we first wait but then she screams. We go to room if she is calm, we try to leave but then she starts again to scream very hard  :o.  If i stay in room, she start to laugh and starts to play, I ignore her and only stay in room. I finally leave her room, let her cry some minutes and go back, this takes again like a hour or 2  ::).

So thank god she stopt in the night doing this but she is still doing it  night time.

What do you think?

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2014, 09:35:59 am »
Sounds very much like OT by BT Mary. Mine does that too if I go over a certain amount of A before BT still now.

Would you consider doing a short A to bed, so around 2hrs 45mins after she woke up from her nap? No longer than 3hrs.

I would also think about adding another 15mins onto the first A in the morning so 3hrs 15mins first A then nap. Then for the second A add 15 mins also so 3hrs 45mins then nap, then 2hrs 45 mins to bed.

How does that sound?

I think we're getting there though, great news about the nights.  :)

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2014, 17:15:54 pm »
Oke, i try this tonight i am verry curious if this is going to work.

So 3,15 in the moring and 3,45 afternoon, bedtime 2,45/3.
And a total of 12 hours daytime?  But what if she sleep in the afternoon 1 hour or 30 minutes. By example she sleep from 14.30 till 3, then bedtime at 6?

Or if her day start at 6,30 9,45 ----sleep she sleep only 45 minutes,  10.30, then i do 14.15 tot bed sleeps again 45 minutes, then to bed at six, is this what you mean.
So if she sleep little catnaps still don't change the awake time, and in the evening 2,45/3 hours?

I had totday 2 good naps, 1 hour and 1,45.

Why did you first said that you thought her nightwakenings were ut and now you think ot by bedtime, i don't understand this?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 17:18:29 pm by mary12 »

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2014, 18:05:14 pm »
Yep, that's basically it. If she has longer naps, her day will be longer. There's only so much sleep one can have. If she has the short cn's then you're giving her the opportunity to catch up with her night time sleep.

The long playful NW's during the later part of the night usually signal there's not enough A time during the day. However, lo's can get OT by BT especially if they've had rubbish naps, then doing too long of an A before BT. The WU's in the first 1-2hrs at night are normally a clear indicator of this. It's been spot on for mine. My DD has always liked short A to bed for some reason, it's just some lo's like it that way.

I know it's confusing. Great news about those naps today though. I'd keep those A times for tomorrow nap-wise. Let me know how BT goes with the shorter A, it may be a little difficult considering she had a longer nap this afternoon compared to usual. But we can always try something different tomorrow if she has great naps again.

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2014, 15:17:15 pm »
Hai,

Oke I understand what you mean. I had good evening with her, so I am very happy, she didnt cry at all!! ;D  Thank you, we are very surprised this work I hope she will do this again today.

I had good naps today, in the morning a time of 3 hours, nap 1,25 minutes( she is very tired in the morning), in the afternoon she slept 55 minutes, a time 3,50 (three and half hour i mean).

So i am very happy, i think your advice is working  ;D, thanks again.

What should I do if she sleep not much through the day, How do i count when she needs to go to bed?
So for exampel she sleep 40 minutes in morning and 40 in afternoon, then i want to do earlie bedtime, should i count then 2,45/3 hours from the last nap? Normaly i put her 1 hour early, when i count from 7 hour putting her to bed, I hope you know what I mean, it s difficult to explean.

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2014, 16:17:34 pm »
Hi Mary,

I'm so glad it's going better!  :D

I think I'd do the lesser time, so 2hrs 45mins to bed. With 2x 40mins naps the day would be shorter anyway meaning that BT would be earlier anyway wouldn't it? Hopefully that'll give her enough time to catch up on the sleep she missed.

I think the idea is to get her used to the new A times and kind of set them if you know what I mean?

If she does do 2 short naps again, we will need to work on increasing the A time again before the first two naps, but as it's going well for now, let's just leave it be!! It will happen again, as she will get used to these times and may have another developmental leap and need an increase.

Keep me posted! Hope you have another good night x