Author Topic: Do any of you have this issue with baby refusing to eat..even after 3/4 hours??  (Read 870 times)

Offline Star815

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
I haven't been on this site for a loooong time! but Im glad to be back and hope someone can help me.
Im a mum to 2 adorable 11 week old boys and trying desperately to get them on the EASY routine but one of my boys doesn't seem hungry after he wakes up, even when his last feeding was 3/4 hours earlier. Sometimes he'll have 2oz, but most times he won't eat until half hour after he's woken, and its not as if he's even hungry. Ironically enough, he's a big baby  :), so Im not worried about his weight at this point, but it doesn't allow me to follow the routine..
what do i do?

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
You can do AEAS is that works better for him. You may find he just wants to take in the world a bit if he's just woken and doesn't want to eat straight away. I'd just feed the other baby and feed this one who doesn't want to eat straight after waking. A bit of a pain for A time I imagine if they want your attention while doing tummy time or whatever but each getting his own bit of attention through feeding time might work well for them?mstill do naps at these me time, just don't feed at the same time. Can that work?

The main point of EASnis really just to avoid creating a feed to sleep association, so as long as he's not falling asleep eating, you're achieving the aim in a way that's listening to your baby which is what Tracy was all about.

WRT amounts of milk, is he only taking 2oz per feed? What's his daily intake? Any reflux - could be an aversion to eating in general if it's causing pain. Worth looking into, as being a twin increases his chances of having reflux.