Author Topic: Sleep horror  (Read 6719 times)

Offline Florena49

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 27
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2015, 13:03:36 pm »
Thank u Creations if we get a good nap, he is still asleep in his cot, will try a later BT today and see if that makes a difference to the morning wakings. Keep u posted. He is miserable when i wake him, i dont think he will appreciate the capped nap.
Viktoria

Mum to Oskar 25/10/2013 and Maksim 19/07/2015

Offline Florena49

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2015, 07:26:19 am »
Well he was asleep at 7.25 last night, but woke at 8.10 and then a couple of more times, which is very unusual, but woke at 6.40 compared to 5.30 or 6! So theres an improvement there. I think we will keep the later BT for now and see if the actual night sleep improves.
Viktoria

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Sleep horror
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2015, 21:23:55 pm »
The later BT seems to help, although too early to tell on one night, but some times the early NWs are a bit of OT but something they can get used to because overall the later BT is helping them sleep longer/better.

I hope you continue to see improvement. FX.

Offline Florena49

« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2015, 07:26:25 am »
We had sone terrible nights this week. oskar went to the childminders as usual, but he refused to nap there! He didnt have any sleep all day, wouldnt fall asleep in the pram or car. Didnt fall asleep on the way back either when my dh picked him up. So yesterday was the first day where i have managed to establish hos routine again. I have no idea how he stayed up all day!

Yesterday was

7wu
12.10nap-1.45
7BT

He was up at 6.40 this morning. And he is back to waking around 5 and struggling to sleep, he was just lying there awake, playin with my hair ((
Viktoria

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2015, 08:06:07 am »
Hmm.. apart from waking early is he sleeping better at night now?  Previously you said he hadn't slept longer than 4hrs his whole life, then we saw a few nights of a longer stretch, is he now sleeping through from BT to the morning WU (even if that is 5am)? Or are there still NWs too?

Offline Florena49

« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2015, 12:21:51 pm »
I wish, generally we have 2 wakings, sometimes 1. We cant seem to het a long stretch at the beginning of the night. So he might wake a couple of hourse after Bt and then sleep until morning with us.

Woke at 6.40
Put down for nap at 12.15 As usual, a bit of crying going on there, but settled within a couple of minutes, im still in his room, but at the door now! I like the set naps if we had consistant wu in the morning, otherwise i have no idea if he is OT for example today, or what was that crying all about.
Viktoria

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2015, 18:41:45 pm »
Sorry honey. The only thing I can think to move forward is to get him sleeping in his own bed all night, to self settle when he wakes and stay in his own bed. My thought is that he comes into a light sleep, or a cycle transition and pulls himself out of sleep all the way to fully awake so he can come to your bed.
I totally understand if you're not ready to work on his NWs and independent sleep, but I do think it is the only way forward to stop the NWs.

Crying at nap time can be a number of things. Possibly OT. Mine generally cried at nap time if he was UT. I did wonder if your DS was getting a slightly better sleep at night (ie longer than 4hr stretch) which may heave been making him a little UT for the nap, reluctant and crying but not too difficult to talk into it.  But it's hard to be sure.  The crying plus the earlier WU in the morning, you might try 10 mins later for nap and see if he settles more peacefully? What do you think?

Offline Florena49

« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2015, 19:44:52 pm »
I agree that he needs to stay in his bed, just feels we got comfortable as we are, but i know that we just need to bite the bullet and just do it.
He isnt settling for bed tonight at all, which is incredibly unusual for him. He is still up, in his cot and dad is trying to talk him into sleeping.

It just feels so rubbish, we sort out the routine and then he goes to the childminder and doesnt sleep at all and then we spend a couple of days trying to sort it out again and then its back to square one.
This is not fun for any of us. Of course generally it is much netter rhan the screaming we had in the night and 4,5,6 night wakings.
Viktoria

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2015, 20:05:41 pm »
He used to settle well for CM right?
I wonder if he has hit the 18 month regression early. Mine was 16 months when it hit too.  I remember how bad it was, feeling like the entire routine was lost, forcing naps, I think this was when it took an hour to get him to go to sleep at night too.  It's a huge developmental leap, sometime mixed with teething, and seems to be one of the worst regression times.  It's hard to tell because you weren't on an 'ideal' routine before so it's not so clean cut to say this is the 18 month regression, yk? It may be.

hugs. Whether it's the regression or not, it's hard for you all xx

Offline Florena49

« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2015, 21:37:46 pm »
Never had a problem with cm until this week, i mean i dont evenknow how he managed to stay awake all day there! Never any issues with BT even if he had a eubbish nap he will settle within a couple of minutes, never any crying. He did t cry tonight, just kept sitting up, or lyib down quoetly eyes open, but just couldnt go to sleep. How long does the regression generally last?
Viktoria

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2015, 21:50:13 pm »
Too long  ::)

There's a support thread here - although looks like you'd be the first to post on the new thread if you jumped on
18 month sleep regression support thread-part 3

I know mods are in the process of putting together a FAQ or sticky for some info on the 18 months regression as we don't have one right now but in short it's awful sleep, teething, separation anxiety type behaviour, developmental stuff and just awful all round.
The usual advice is to hang in there with your routine, whatever routine was working, and you'll eventually come out the other side. I felt a routine tweak would have helped , I'm sure he out grew his routine during the regression, but there is no simple answer to this one. It's not like the 4 month regression which often indicates the need to move to 4hr EASY and a longer A time, or the signs of 2-1 often beginning at 10/11 months.  Sorry. I know it doesn't sound good. There IS good news though - everyone makes it through :)
So, although the usual advice is to stick with your routine I don't know that would be the best option in your case.
You know it's your call.

Offline Florena49

« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2015, 08:34:30 am »
Oh dear, i dont like the sound of that, u can see that there is lots of developmental stuff going on, and obvioulsy with his sleep being so u predictable. Went to ned at 8 and up at 6.10, not something we want to continue. I guess i will stick to 12-12.15 nap, i think if i chnage anything it wont get any better really, i will just confuse the little man more. And because im not with him everyday i wouldnt want the cm to experiment either that will just make things worse, if theu can get worse
Viktoria

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2015, 08:38:47 am »
See how it goes for a few days or a week perhaps. If he is still reluctant to nap I think I'd be tempted to move the nap later.
The development stuff is fun but the lack of sleep isn't :(
FX for you

Offline Florena49

« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2015, 10:09:40 am »
Baby sleep was easier((
Would u still stic to a 12 pm nap if he woke ar 6.10?
Viktoria

Offline Florena49

« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2015, 14:11:19 pm »
Put him to sleep at 12.10 he cried and woke 50 mins later, then slept until 1.50. I think this is OT he has been up since 6.10. Yesterday he was up at 6.40 wnt to nap at 12.15 and slept for an hour then needed resettling. The problem is he does not show any signs of tiredness at all
Viktoria