Author Topic: 20 mo suddenly EW  (Read 850 times)

Offline HaniaJa

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: March 04, 2015, 09:46:32 am »
Hello everyone,
I am a bit confused about my DS's behaviour, so maybe You could give me some advice:)
For the last 4 or 5 months his daily schedule was:
8am - WU
12:30/1 pm - nap (for 2-3hrs)
8:30-9pm - sleep

2 weeks ago, without any significant reason, he started waking up at 6:30. He is teething, but it has never affected his night sleep/naps. He is happy when he wakes up and usually has no problem with activity till 12/12:30 until his nap, but sometimes (about once in a week) I have to wake him up from the nap after 3 hrs. But usually he sleeps for about 2,5hrs.
I know that 6:30 is not a drama and some mums would appreciate their kids sleeping so long, but I work and I'm really exhausted waking up so early everyday...
Do You think there is anything I could do to encourage him to sleep longer in the morning? (few times I tried to make his nap shorter, but it didn't work;/)

Thanks for Your suggestions in advance!
Hania

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: 20 mo suddenly EW
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 02:55:08 am »
I would for sure try capping the nap again and give it a good week or two to see any results. Also doing an earlier bedtime might help if he is the type to tack sleep on that way.
Heidi

Offline HaniaJa

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 08:25:01 am »
Hi!
thanks for Your answer. I will defenitely try to do that. Earlier BT would be difficult, we come back from work quite late, he is so happy to see us and he wants to spend as much time as he can with us.
Yesterday he had almost 4hrs nap and today he woke up at 7:30, so I don't know, maybe he was just OT...?;/
H

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: 20 mo suddenly EW
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 12:48:25 pm »
He may be in an ot/ut loop too, that can often happen during these transition times.
Heidi