Author Topic: Need sleep/nap advice for 10 month old  (Read 1052 times)

Offline kal

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 04, 2006, 17:39:49 pm »
My DS is 10 months and is sleeping through the night but has started to fight both his morning and afternoon naps and also most morning wake very early. I thought it would pass quickly but its been a month and I'm not sure what to do. I hate to complain since he dosen't wake up at night but I feel like between the short naps and the early waking that he's not getting enough sleep. He has no teeth yet so I know it could be due to teething but I'm not positive. His "regular" schedule is below. Any advice??? Thanks

630am- Wake (Has been waking around 5am and playing in crib)
7am- 8oz bottle
9 or 930am- Nap for 1- 1 1/2 hrs ( is now between 1/2 hr and 1 hr now)
11am- 5oz bottle
1230p- Lunch
1 or 130p- Nap for 1-2 hrs (is now short like morning nap)
3pm- 5oz bottle
7pm- 8oz bottle and bed (is now going to bed at 630p because of nap issue)

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Need sleep/nap advice for 10 month old
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 20:03:00 pm »
hi,

um.... you are feeding him other than the bottles, right?  ( :oops:  not trying to sound snotty, i swear!  :oops:  just making sure he's not hungry....)

the only other thing i thought of was that your afternoon nap might not be late enough???  dunno, only have my kids to compare to, but luke's morning nap is around 9:30, and his afternoon nap starting somewhere around 2-2:30. 

at this point, i wouldn't worry about a shorter morning nap, since he will probably drop it soon, but i would definitely focus on the afternoon one.
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy