Author Topic: VENT!  (Read 1399 times)

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« on: July 20, 2006, 13:24:35 pm »
UGH!!!!!  These kiddos are going to send me over the edge...especially Carmela!

Last night we put Carm in at 7:30 p.m. She finally fell asleep at 9:00!  Now Joey's been sleeping until at least 6:00 for the past few mornings, well last night he's up at 3:30 a.m.  I give him his pacifier and try to put him back to sleep.  After 1/2 hour it's not working so I give him the bottle.  Fine.  While I'm trying to put him to sleep, I turn on Carmela's monitor.  Guess who's up?  Carmela.  Fine.  Well I finish feeding Joey and at 5 a.m. he's back in his bassinett when I turn back on Carm's monitor before I head back to sleep.  Guess who's STILL up.  Carmela!  She went to bed at 9:00 was up from 3:30-5 and then went back to sleep until 7:00. 

YUCK!

Offline Lola

• Showing Appreciation 44
  • Missy M's Mama
Re: VENT!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 13:28:57 pm »
Oh ugh..isn't this quite the challenge??:)
Hang tight....sending you nice calm sleepy vibes for you lo's
 ;)
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline Florencia

• Showing Appreciation 75
  • Playin' hide n' seek
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 16:41:19 pm »
Oh I'm so sorry to hear this!!! I was hoping for Joey to be a champ sleeper so you'd get a break... ::)
Did you have to go to Carmela during that fussy period or was she ok? Do you think her lil bro is waking her up? would a white noise machine be of any help? sorry if I'm just recycling the advice, I just wanted to let you know you're not alone and we're here for you even if we don't seem to be of any help :-[

HUGS HUGS HUGS and prayers for this awful phase to go away soon!
Mom to Manolo, spirited monkey and Jose Miguel, an angel cupcake

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 23:45:22 pm »
Joey so far is a great sleeper.  He does his 6-8 hours each night and then goes back to sleep after his feed for another 5 hours.  Yes I do think Joey is waking Carmela.  Anything wakes her at that time, but she already has a white noise machine (she's had it for 18 months now!) but it doesn't seem to be working.....

I just don't know what else I can do for her :(

Offline Zoey

• Children need models rather than critics.
  • Showing Appreciation 447
  • Sweet chubby cheeks
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 23:49:10 pm »
Have you tried a real white noise machine like they use at MD offices?  http://www.white-noise.us/screen580_980.htm  Maybe that will help muffle more?

Good Luck!

...its what you do when you get back up.

Nikki~Nathanamp;Danielle

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 00:17:48 am »
I know you've been struggling with sleep issues for a long time and while I was too - although ours have resolved, I'm sorry you're still dealing with this. Anyway, I've been doing a lot of reading on nutrition recently and have found that kids that are low in Magnesium can often have trouble sleeping (I'm  not talking about other sleep associations or hunger as for younger children or whatever). I know you had a bunch of allergy testing done for her, but did the doctor also test on other minerals/vitamins that she may be deficient in? I would't necessarily suggest supplementing, but I wonder if you could try upping her food intake on high-magnesium foods - especially from lunchtime onwards as it takes a while to take effect. A bath berfore bed with epsom salts dissolved in it too is a magnesium source. Good food sources are bananas, brazil nuts and almonds.

HTH :)

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 00:34:23 am »
Nikki just curious how did you solve your sleep problems?

I just bought that white noise machine.  Mine was a cheap one and I suspect it's not that great of one.  And with the baby waking her, I really don't need anymore issues so if this stops that, then its one thing not to worry about.  Thanks :)

Nikki~Nathanamp;Danielle

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2006, 01:12:59 am »
Well I gave my DS the homeopathic sleep remedies I spoke about last time (dare I mention that? They are NOT drugs! Aimed at those going  :o;). After about 2wks I stopped them and he was fine for a few months, it had broken the cycle. Now, he wakes once a night perhaps 3 times a week and will come into our bed for the rest of the night. So we no longer have the multiple wakings nor the weird screaming. I've forgotten... :P

Since you have wakeful periods for her though, I would seriously looking at her foods and seeing if there is something that she may be lacking. :)