Author Topic: Early wakings since clocks changed  (Read 669 times)

Offline Emmajayne

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 08, 2015, 17:29:29 pm »
Hello all

I have been on a successful 4-hour easy with my 6 month old for a few weeks now. He sleeps well at night and used to very happily go from 7-7.30 with a dream feed. However since the clocks changed he has started waking between 6 and 6.30 each morning. He is still going to bed at the same time (by 6.45-7pm) but for some reason even 2 weeks on his body clock is not fully adjusted.

I was wondering if anyone could help? This change has also coincided with us starting weaning so I am not sure if this could also have an influence?

Thank you!! :) x

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Early wakings since clocks changed
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 17:44:57 pm »
Hi there
You might find putting him to bed later may help.  So rather than 6.45 to 7pm go for a clear 7pm, then 7.15, wait a couple of days and if WU doesn't move try 7.30, wait a couple of days again.  Once wake up moves later you should then be able to shift BT a touch earlier each night, so from 7.30 go to 7.20 then 7.10 and back to 7pm.
Also make sure your first nap is not coming too early, you will need to extend the A time to where the nap 'should' be for the correct WU time.
Basically you are moving the entire day on by about 30-45 mins again (over a number of days, not in one jump) until the body clock works out to WU later in the morning.
Good luck :)

Offline Emmajayne

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 22:59:45 pm »
Thank you for your reply! I will give this a go tomorrow night. He has been having his first nap earlier because of this change (8.30am instead of the original 9.30) so this will hopefully adjust things with regards naps too! Fingers crossed.

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Early wakings since clocks changed
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 09:02:51 am »
Yes if he's having his nap an hour early he really hasn't a chance to shift his routine. I'm afraid you have to move it for him if you want it to move, 15 mins later on everything, wait a couple of days then 15 mins again.  Some people don't wait a couple of days but move the 15 mins each day...just don't do a whole hour in one go or you'll have a very grumpy LO on your hands, hungry and tired!
Good luck