Author Topic: bath time question...  (Read 1163 times)

Offline stagemanager2

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 38
  • Baby Samurai
    • Baby Samurai
bath time question...
« on: February 27, 2008, 00:13:47 am »
How often should I bathe my child?  Should it take longer then 5 minutes?  DS is done with the water about two minutes in... he's clean, he hasn't smiled at all, he looks more confused then anything... is this because we have baths about two times a week?
Heather

babysamurai.flyingcart.com
babysamruai.etsy.com

Offline trisharushbrook

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 15
  • Orla 2lbs 9oz, Emily 3lbs 6oz, born 8th Dec 2006
Re: bath time question...
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 00:29:50 am »
At this age I was told once or twice a week was fine and go very easy on the soap as it can be harsh on their skin.  A quick wash to make sure he's clean is all you need.  5mins should be fine - anything longer and he can start to get chilly.  I think I prob gave my girls at bath about 3 times a week (sometimes less depending on whats going on) at this age but like Stanley they didn't react much.   At about 5-6mths they started enjoying it and I started to give them one every second night.  Do you do massage after the bath?  I never really had the time as there was always either one waiting to get in or one who had just got out and needed to be fed so I never figured it out but I hear it's great and if you start now it will make for a great bedtime routine later on.....

Offline stagemanager2

• Showing Appreciation 38
  • Baby Samurai
    • Baby Samurai
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 00:34:28 am »
thanks!  The massage generally is lost on my son and I stopped doing it a while ago... he gets inthe tub, quick wash, then out... but when he gets out suddenly he gets sleepy and can't keep his eyes open.  I'm not sure if it's cause I wrap him in a nice soft towel and get him dressed warmly but he loves it!  doesn't want any other activity... I hear this is very different then most children.  I save this knowledge for when he has had a long day and we need to get him to bed before he gets overtired!
Heather

babysamurai.flyingcart.com
babysamruai.etsy.com

Offline emz1907

• Showing Appreciation 13
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 09:59:18 am »
My lo hated baths as a newborn and would scream the whole time, then when he was around your lo's age he would stand them a lot better and seemed indifferent about it all. I think around the 3month mark I started giving him a bath nightly as I wanted it to be part of his nightly routine. He now LOVES his baths and squeals and splashes around, a total turnaround. He's never in there more than 10mins as they can get chilly very quick, he made the move to the big bath as his baby one got small very quickly. We got one of those support holder things which is great as it frees up your hands.
~Emma~