Author Topic: 8 week old nap problem  (Read 977 times)

Offline rileyand wyatt

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
  • having so much fun!!!!
« on: February 12, 2006, 18:52:26 pm »
hi girls,

i am hoping someone willhave a few suggestions for me.. my dd wakes from her naps after about 45 minutes. i have read alot about wake to sleep which i am going tostart to try.  a few things about her.

she has reflux
she is on 3 hour easy starting at 7am

i have a vey hard time winding down with her.. she doesn't want to be held. she only stays awake about 1 hour and then i walk around the house a few times go into her room and stand with her but she hates it.. she loves the paci but i am afraid to give it to her because of the prop issue. she loves it but spits it out and i am plugging her thru out her nap.. i always end up putting her to bed wide awakw since she willnot settle in my arms.

I am hoping someone can suggest some winddown tech for me. as well as how to extend her nap other then wake to sleep if ther is something else..

she is pretty happy in between her feeds but i try my harderst and keep her in her crib till the 21/2 hour or 3 hour mark.. i do inuse the paci once she has woken up but i don't think i am catching it early enough for she is always in a fitful sleep after that..

sorry for the rambling..

Offline Harvey and Theos Mam

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 95
  • From S.Wales
Re: 8 week old nap problem
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 19:04:42 pm »
Hi there, firstly here is a link so you can chat, get some tips and see how ohter mothers are coping with babies the same age as yours. We are a thread of Nov/Dec 05 babies and you are most welcome to ask anything there.

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=48558.0

We swaddle our son (Aussie swaddle) and take him into the bedroom (darker and quieter from my 2yr). We hold him for about 5 mins before putting him into his cot. This helps calm him down from his "A" time.
As for the 45 min naps....try and pat/sshh as soon as he wakes, or just as he starts to unsettle near the 45min. It could yake some time and some days your baby will may not go longer, but you try this at each nap and hopefully you will get somewhere.

HTH
Rhian

Offline LisbonMom

• Ah ... where would I be without my BW community?
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 94
  • Mom, doula, writer and babywhisperer
    • Doula in Lisbon, Portugal
Re: 8 week old nap problem
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 11:24:20 am »
I was having major problems with 45 min. naps, until I realised dd was on a growth spurt that was lasting longer. How old is your dd now? Have you always had 45 min. naps or did they start a few days ago? How is she fed?
With my dd I just started breastfeeding her when she woke, she would take a full feed and then I followed her cues for sleep. sometimes she would start yawning 10 minutes after eating and I would put her down then, she would sleep 1.5 hours straight. Once the gs was over, her nap issue resolved itself.

One thing I would also suggest, if you rule out the gs and hunger, is going in at the 40 minute mark and help her transition to the next cycle without her having to wake up. As soon as she stirs you can pat, shh, apply gentle pressure on her body to prevent the jolt, or any combination of these.

Keep us posted, HTH

Sara
Sara

Come over to the Dark Side, we have popcorn.