Author Topic: Help! Getting desperate 30 min Naps  (Read 1012 times)

Offline ebby

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 14, 2006, 01:30:30 am »

My lo is 4 months old and has been on a 4hr EASY for the last 3 1/2 weeks. Previously she would only sleep in my arms, often only with a lot of rocking. We have been able to get her to sleep in her cot after doing PU/PD but she only naps for 30 - 35 min. If I go in at the 25min mark and put my hands on her she usually stays in a light REM sleep, occasionally waking but resettling into it with Shhh - Pat. However this goes on for another 30 - 35 min (one sleep cycle) whereupon she falls into a deeper sleep and I am able to leave the room. After 2hr of this she has feed and play but she is tired 1 - 1 1/2hrs  later. I have tried extending her awake time by reducing the amount of stimulation during A time and also giving her a snack when she gets tired but then she doesn't show tired signs for another for another hour. I have also started giving her a pre wind down 1/2 before nap time, I put her in the sling, or hold her and walk round with her or we play quietly in her room with the shades drawn but nothing seem to work!!

Also before her 3mth growth spurt she would sleep for between 4 and 7hr stretches at night, before we started EASY sh would wake up almost every hour and it would take me between 1/2 1 1/2hr to get her to sleep. Since we've started EASY she will go 4 1/2 hrs if were lucky. I've tried increasing her calorie intake during the day by having longer times on the breast and feeding both sides, I have also introduced snacks about 1/2hr before nap time but it doesn't seem to have helped.

HELP!!! I'm getting desperate!!

Offline Caroline-Charlies Mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 315
  • Charles Arthur 23rd March 2005
    • Twitter
Re: Help! Getting desperate 30 min Naps
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 21:56:17 pm »
Hello, i wanted to bump your post up, as it's getting buried in page 2 :)

I wanted to direct you to the stickies at the top of this forum, have you read them yet? There are a couple that may be useful to you, especially Tracy's sleep interviews, and the one teaching sleep to babies of your lo's age. Let me know if you have trouble finding them.

I'm sure that our ladies will be glad to give you the benefit of their advice too.
Caroline :)

"Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground." -- Zora Neale Hurston