Author Topic: Time to move to 4 hour?  (Read 727 times)

Offline maybell245

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 22, 2013, 16:54:35 pm »
Hi my LO is 19 weeks old and we are on a 3.5 hour EASY.  Her naps are starting to get short so I think it's time to move to a 4 hour EASY, but she really struggles to even stay up for 2 hours with the 3.5 easy.  She starts to get tired and fussy around 1 hour 20 minutes.

On the other hand, I think she can probably go 4 hours between feedings.  But if I can't keep her up long enough to nap later until the next E I am not sure what to do.

Any suggestions for feedback would be much appreciated.

Also, can someone please tell me where to find the page on weaning off the Swaddle?  I had it on a post and now can't find it!  I think I may need to start weaning of of that, but also unsure about that because her arms still seem to wake her.

Offline Ima shel Alon

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 204
  • Alon was once a tiny baby
Re: Time to move to 4 hour?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 12:29:51 pm »
Are her naps and night sleep ok? If not, then it's probably because she needs more A time and then I would gradually increase it. I know what you are talking about, about the "fighting" the long A times, but it's just something that we gotta do. Sometimes babies can't do it by themselves in the beginning and it takes them time to get used to it.
You can try and change her scenery when she starts fussing because maybe it's not tiredness, but boredom.
If she is not ready for more A time and she naps well then I would just leave things as they are or you can push the feed a bit later, so your EASY will look like this: EASASAS.

Here is the link about the swaddle: Weaning the swaddle - when, how, tips and tricks

HTH :)
My journey of making 1000 goodies using unrefined sugar: http://1000crumbs.com/