Author Topic: question on cluster feed.  (Read 1298 times)

Offline lnt22

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 22, 2011, 02:50:31 am »
first off just wanna make sure im right about this. We are on 3hr EASY, so last feed is around 630 (start early cause she takes forever to finish) and then DF around 1030/1045 ish. so u are only supposed clusterfeed at 9 when they are going thru growth spurt , right? and when that happens is that 9pm feed a dreamfeed?? how else would u do it if bed time is 730/8??

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: question on cluster feed.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 08:15:26 am »
How old is your LO? You don't always need to cluster during a growth spurt - we never did because we found them so hard to spot! Clusters are really done earlier in the day so it would be 6pm and 8pm for early clusters.

How long is she taking to feed, they should be finishing a bottle feed by about 20 mins really, if it's taking a lot longer it could indicate a faster teat is needed.

What is her routine like at the moment?

Laura

Offline lnt22

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 02:20:37 am »
Hi.
My DD is 10wks old and she is already using level 2 nipples (which say 3 months and up). And the next level up is level 3 but those say 6 months and up! but ya sometimes she takes 45-60 minutes to finish her full bottle and other time if she happens to be really hungrey it can take 15 minutes, so i dont know. its like she takes b10 minute breaks. and sometimes ill try to put bottle in mouth and she wont take and then 30 seconds later she crys for it and then takes starting to think she is just a fussy eater.... so doesnt leave us much awake time with out feeding...

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: question on cluster feed.
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 19:47:58 pm »
What is your routine like at the moment? Can you post an EASY for us?

Laura

Offline lnt22

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 22:33:18 pm »
E-6am
S-7
E-9
S-1030 ish
E-12
S-130/2
E-3
S-430
E-6 ish
Bath
S-730

Now this is ideal . Sometimes can be 30-60 min off. And some days we get good naps and other we dont. She has gotten better with eat time expecually If sometimes I let her go a little over 3 hrs cause she just fell asleep . And she eats about 5 oz every feed.

Offline skizzo

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 14:52:17 pm »
Do you not have activity time? I mean my babe is 11 weeks, he fusses a bit with the bottle but I still think it's cause he's uncomfortable and has reflux. But he sleeps well after a good 45 min of activity time. With long feeds, this may cut that time short, but at this age, they are so fun you find yourself playing with him so much you make him tuckered out! We cluster feed 6 8 and 11 and it works out really well. When he was going thru a growth spurt we gave him an extra oz for a couple of days and then went back to our normal amount. When I nurse, cause it takes longer also, I start a little early too.

Offline lnt22

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 00:49:26 am »
yes we do have activity time, just depends on how long feed takes and her mood.  so if u cluster at 6 and 8, whenis bed time? is that 8 cluster another dreamfeed? or is it one more bottle right before bed?? that is what im confused about