Author Topic: SCREAMING!!!  (Read 991 times)

carly-g

SCREAMING!!!
« on: October 25, 2007, 14:39:55 pm »
This may not be the right place for this.....

DS is 4 months this week, and has been on EASY since birth.  By 2.5 months, he was STTN, at 3.5 months, we had some issues, but he is now on a 4 hour EASY, and the sleep resumed.  For the past couple nights, though, he has been waking up SCREAMING.  Could this be from teething?  He is drooling a lot, and chewing on his fist/anything he can get his hands on.  Is this normal?  Is there anything I can do?  Last night he got up 5 times!!!  I finally ended up bringing him to bed with us (bad mommy!), because he would only go back to sleep if he was nursed.  He never is bf to sleep, and goes to sleep independently very quickly, but this was new.  I was so tired, and didn't know what to do, as he was absolutely hysterical!!!

Here is his routine:

7- BF
9- Nap #1 (1.5-2 hours)

11- BF
1- Nap #2 (2 hours)

3- BF
5:30- Catnap (30-45 min)

8- Bed
No DF, sometimes wakes between 3 and 5, sometimes goes until 7

Offline ~*Sugar*~

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: SCREAMING!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 15:45:06 pm »
Hi Carly...dont know if i can be any help to you or not but my lo is almost 4 months old and he has been drooling and chewing on his fists like crazy as well.Teething is one of the worst things babies can go through so it definitely could be causing him to wake up.I tried some teething gel and noticed instant relief.Some days are worse then others so on those really bad days i give him some tylenol before bed and it seems to help.
There is also a growth spurt at 4 months so it is possible he is waking being extra hungry due to the growth spurt.
Someone else may have different ideas for you but i thought i would share my experience with you.

Hugs
Christina

Offline Bryony

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 141
  • We're in London, UK
Re: SCREAMING!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 20:06:12 pm »
I agree with Christina - could be growth spurt, could be teething - have you tried giving him some teething gel or a pain medication to see if that helps?

the only other thing I wondered was whether his bedtime was a bit late - if he's getting up at 7am you would want to aim for a bedtime around 7pm to avoid overtired...

Bryony

You only really know what love is when you become a parent