Author Topic: Multiple NWs & Bedtime  (Read 768 times)

Offline newmama12

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Multiple NWs & Bedtime
« on: October 27, 2007, 00:24:33 am »
Could night waking be due to too late of a bedtime? DD's had a 7:30pm bedtime but for the past few months she's been waking repeatedly at night. Usually, every 3 hours. Most nights go something like this: 7:30 bed. 11 she wakes crying and I go in and give the paci and she goes back to sleep. Wakes between 2-3am and I feed her. She goes back to sleep and wakes around 6am and talks to herself for a bit and falls back to sleep till about 6:45am.

It's pretty awful cause she's not getting more than 3-4 hours in a row before waking again. Should I move her bedtime earlier? Actually, the past few nights I've moved it to 7pm. Tonight she was restless and didn't end up falling asleep till now, 7:30. Should her bedtime be more like 6:45 since that's "about" the time she wakes?

I'm just trying to help her sleep better thru the night and not wake so much! I would love it too!
~Cyndie
Mom to my Spirited DD (5) and Textbook DS (23 months) :)

Offline ~*Sugar*~

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: Multiple NWs & Bedtime
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 01:19:25 am »
From what i have learned nw can be caused by many things like teething,hunger,ot etc.The most common reason though seems to be linked to something in their daytime routine.Maybe you could post your daytime routine for the mods.

Hugs Christina

Offline momofclaire

• Showing Appreciation 130
  • No, I want to marry daddy!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 01:31:06 am »
If she wakes around 6:45 a bedtime near 6:45 would probably be best, but like PP said, post your routine so we can take a look.
Myia
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/6/687/68748.png[/img]

Offline rob1lu2

• Showing Appreciation 59
  • Boozy
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 14:29:20 pm »
My girls go to bed around 6:30 every night - not because I imposed it but because that's what works for them. It may be that your DD is trying to tell you something...